Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's my latest segmented piece W/ a little turquoise

Blog Entries

Here's my latest segmented piece W/ a little turquoise

Here's the piece I've been working for a couple weeks of evenings. It's walnut, wenge, curly maple and turquoise. It stands 10 inches tall and just under 7 inches wide. The finsh is 3 coats of sealer and 5 coats of minwax polyacrilic then a coat of minwax pastewax. I haven't taken it off the tenon yet because I'm still going to shine it up a little. This is the 8th piece I've made. I hope you all like it.
    P.S. Thanks for the advice everyone on the other thread about the finshes. Oh yea one more thing, it has 453 pieces.
    Opinions are welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 02-07-2007 at 2:08 PM.

That is so beautiful. Nice form and choice of wood.
    Jerry

Bill,

If you are going to attend the Desert Woodturning Roundup, be sure to bring that piece for the instant gallery. (Each person may bring up to three turnings to display.) Your work is outstanding and I'm sure many would like to be able to see it up close.

Beautifully done Bill! After seeing your 8th piece.....I think I may sell my tools and lathe!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bill, what a gorgeous piece! I can only imagine how proud you must be. Well done!!!

Read it here first 'Bill W. the next Malcolm T.'

Well done.

Frank
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

Very nice. Love the turquoise. Great finish.

Blog Entries
    Well David I hate to say this but my Mother-in-law is comming from Florida this weekend and We've only seen her once in 9 years so I got the big shaft on going to the show. Trust me, I'm not happy about this . I'm going to try to make the meeting here in Tucson the following weekend though. If i had some way of getting out of this I definatly would. Please take lots of pictures for those of us less fortunate people.
    Again, I'm very sorry I can't make it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Beautifully done Bill! After seeing your 8th piece.....I think I may sell my tools and lathe!
    So Ken.............How much? JK

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, I'm a long ways from being a Malcolm Tibbetts but there's no question he's a big inspiration to me. He's one of the people that helped me with the finsh on this piece. Filling the grain on wenge is like filling the Grand Canyon. That's one of the reasons I like this site, everyone is so willing to help each other. i couldn't have done it w/o the help of others here. Thanks to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko
    Well David I hate to say this but my Mother-in-law is comming from Florida this weekend and We've only seen her once in 9 years so I got the big shaft on going to the show. Trust me, I'm not happy about this . I'm going to try to make the meeting here in Tucson the following weekend though. If i had some way of getting out of this I definatly would. Please take lots of pictures for those of us less fortunate people.
    Bill, I'm very disapointed. I had looked forward to meeting you. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight, however. Lots of pictures will be taken and posted on the DWR web page. After the event, I'll try to post a link so all can enjoy.

Bill,
    This is amazing! Keep it up! It is very fun to watch.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko
    Bill, any chance your MIL may have just developed a great interest in woodturning?

Now is the audio retail place your place of emploment, or just a background. The boss may not like you playing at work .

Sorry I had to seeing the Clarion sign just made me laugh.

More importantly the piece made me smile, very nice. I love the color of the turquoise with the walnut.
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Blog Entries
    Actually i own the place Can't be mad at myself now can I