Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So, Jim is it out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Starosta
    I do believe that Jim's response was stated a bit more eloquently than the, "Mind your own business", that I would have posted.

She's a beauty, Jim. I can't wait to see her in person!!

- Keith
    To put it nicely & gently I just nicely said what my thoughts were & Gentleman Jim answered as always a gentleman. I just wish I lived closer to some of the nice people I've met on SMC so I could get to know them better.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Congratulations, Jim.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    I just wish I lived closer to some of the nice people I've met on SMC so I could get to know them better.
    I hope you get to meet a bunch of folks from here, Bart. One of the small pleasures I take when saddled with business travel is to try and hook up with folks whenever I can. That's a really big treat...almost better than a new tool. LOL!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'd like to comment on a topic Jim touched on, that being he saved his money to buy the saw.

Too many people finance their toys with credit cards, justifying this method of purchase becasue they have an extra $100 each month and need to have that new fangled widget NOW.

For whatever reason, it seems difficult for folks to understand that by saving their money over a period of time and then making a planned purchase with cash, they avoid finance charges that accumulate at an annual rate of 16-20% or more.

A $5000 purchase on a high-interest credit card can take $7000 or $8000 or more to pay off over a few years!

I run our household finances like Jim. Zero credit card debt, planned savings and planned purchases. And saved money may be available for when that shiny new doohickey reaches that irresistable price point. If the money isn't there, the purchase is not made. End of story!

Congratulations on your purchase, the way you bought it, and the way you shared your decision-making process with us. I am proud to be a Creeker. I think I'll break out my SMC hat for the SuperBowl tonight.
    Trees. Tools. Time.

Nice choice Jim. Don't think I'll ever be able to get one of those down the stairs to my shop, so I'll just have to get my thrills vicariously.

And I'm glad you admitted you're a tease - especially since you only posted two pics.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Jim,

Congrats on a great tool. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences once you get it up and running.

Last post was 6:23. Where did everybody go? Oh well, guess I'll put on the TV and see if there is anything on........

Gary K.

Congratulations Jim! I'm drooling over your new purchase. I may have to drive down to play some time in the near future.
    chris

Congrads, that is a dream machine all right...
    Diligence is a good thing, but taking things easy is much more--restful...Mark Twain

Awesome Jim and congrats on the new equipment. Enjoy!

Corey

WOW Jim,
    That sure is a beauty & I'm certain you deserve it. Like you said you could spend 15 or 20 grand just for the upfront fees for some of the country clubs around here. And I've felt your generosity of time and materials first hand.
    Have fun with that baby - I hope you have time to enjoy it with the 2 girls & all (hint: when they turn 13 you'll want all your dream tools in place cause you'll be wanting to escape to the sanity of your shop all the time )

PS check The local CL for an old shaper it's on there now. I was thinking of checking it out, but don't have anywhere to put it right now. It's been on for a few days so I'm not sure it's still available.
    Last edited by Tom Sweeney; 02-04-2007 at 8:09 PM.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Hey Jim, congrats on your new slider. Can't wait to see the details of the unpacking and assembly.

Best regards, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    I just wish I lived closer to some of the nice people I've met on SMC so I could get to know them better.
    Bart, I wish I lived on Whidbey Island. I visited once, a long time ago. My first choice out of flight school was A-6's Whidbey, second was EA-6B's Whidbey. I didn't care so much about what I flew, I just wanted to live in the Pacific NW. The "needs of the Navy" sent me to Jacksonville, FL.

I was bummed for a long time about those orders.

They say the grass is always greener. I'll bet it is on Whidbey Island.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Jim, I've downloaded your pic and enlarged it, I've been to the company website and poured over the pics and the specs but I just can't for the life of me see where the coffee and the toast come out. And where the heck is the iPod dock??????

Boy-o-boy that's a nice machine.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 02-04-2007 at 8:45 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Gee, you must not have a whole lot of non-MM equipment left in that shop! Congrats, Jim. Shore is a beauty!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!