Thread: quick corel questions

quick corel questions

When trying to fit text on path corel put one letter on top of another. I have done it correctly before but nothing seems to work tonight.

thanks in advance
    John

Try a new line of text and a new object to "line it up with" such as a circle. If this works, the the most likely cause is broken line segments in the object you are fitting to. Or, reboot and try again, Corel does crash now and then!

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Click on your text to go the menu for adjusting the text (placement, side of line, upside down, etc).

There are two places you can adjust placement. One is shown as a dropdown box

abc<- (left justified)
    ->abc<- (centered)
    ->abc (right justified)

Play with these options to see if it fixes itself.

Also check if your horizontal placement is too large for the line length. Look for the Horizonal offset box at the right. This sets where the text starts from the beginning of the line. If it is too large relative to line length, the text will bunch up at the end of the line. Set it to zero and see what happens.

Thanks

Thank you Mark & Richard

I think Mark hit the proplem. It looks like an open path issue. What I don't understand is that the shape I was using came from Autocad which did not show any open paths. Does Corel break up objects when it imports DXF files? This has happened before.

Once again thanks
    John

I have always had objects broken up when dxf'ing from ACAD.

I tried making a few square boxes in ACAD. It wouldn't cut the entire box at once. It would do a side, then go to another box and cut a side, etc. Once I learned about cut ordering in Object Proprties in Corel, it took care of the problem. I usually redraw the simple shapes that are imported in Corel.

I used to have a router, and the Enroute software would treat a perfect circle like 3 arcs. The thin aluminum I was routing didn't really like that.
    Jim Walters

Pinnacle Mercury 30W
    CorelDRAW x3
    AutoCAD Electrical