Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thorsen Side Table

Dave.
    Apologies bro'. I thought you were intending to build the piece, and the sketchup drawing was your starting place.
    Regardless, the sketchup work was great. Someday I need to learn that program.

Justin.
    Thanks for finding that link. I first stumbled on it a year or so ago at about 3am, and thought I had bookmarked it. I definitely will now.

Mike, no need for an apology. I guess I didn't make it clear enough but the main reason for posting it was to point out that even if you have plans in your hand, it is sometimes useful to make a drawing anyway. Sometimes there are errors and many times vague details that can do with some clarification.

Builders of traditional wooden boats have dealt with this sort of thing forever. That's why they loft the lines full size before starting to build. Tables of offsets ususally give dimensions in feet, inches and eighths. The offsets are laid out but it is common to have to move some of them once the batten is bent. working to the nearest eighth of an inch isn't always accurate enough.

Back to the table. I may or may not build it. If I do, I believe I have a better set of plans now because of the few minutes spent with SU. Drawing this table really took very little time. Most of the time was spent gleaning the details from the article.