Thread: A few pens

A few pens

I thought about naming this post "Keeping up with Gersty"

Seriously, here are a few pens I have done the past couple days. From left to right they are Phillipine Ebony, Padauk, Padauk, Zebra Wood and I believe Bloodwood (Ken correct me if I am wrong.) I apologize for the crumby pictures. I am working on getting better shots. Thanks for looking.

Noah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noah Alkinburgh; 11-18-2003 at 8:09 AM.
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking Good Noah!

I don't know about "keeping up with Gersty" though - personally I've given up on trying

Great job on the pens - great choice of woods - you'll have to turn me on to your private stash once I get started on pens

Keep up the good work & keep the pics coming - the rest of us need the inspiration - OK I need the inspiration
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Nice job on the pens, Noah! The Ebony one is particularly striking. Don't worry 'bout keepin' up with the Jones's, in this case, Kevin. You need to remember that in Illinois, guys gain about 3 hours of shop time every weekend when Da Bears are playing and let's not even get started on the Cubbies.... (Sorry Kev...Couldn't resist! They almost pulled it off yesterday!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Alkinburgh
    I thought about naming this post "Keeping up with Gersty"

Seriously, here are a few pens I have done the past couple days. From left to right they are Ebony, Padauk, Padauk, Zebra Wood and I believe Bloodwood (Ken correct me if I am wrong.) I apologize for the crumby pictures. I am working on getting better shots. Thanks for looking.

Noah
    Great job Noah

Correct on the wood except the first one is Phillipine Ebony as opposed to African Ebony.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    - you'll have to turn me on to your private stash once I get started on pens
    His "stash" came from the Old Rebel Workshop
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    His "stash" came from the Old Rebel Workshop
    SHHHHHHHHH I don't want anyone else to know.

Tom those are from the blanks I won here at Sawmillcreek courtesy of the Old Rebel Workshop. I should have mentioned that above.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah Alkinburgh; 11-18-2003 at 11:25 AM.
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking good young man.

Hi Noah,

Nice work. I hadn't turned any pens for quite a while and forgot the instant gratification from putting them together. Also read the note at the bottom of the page on slim line pens, that says the long tubes are for pens, before pressing the tip into the barrel. DAMHIKT.

I need to get your care package in the mail soon.

Dave Smith

Tea is gone, better head to the shop in Longview, WA.
    "Every man is as heaven made him and sometimes a great deal worse."
    Cervantes

Noah,

If I didn't know better, I would say you've been turning pens for quite some time! Impressive to say the least.

I also agree on the ebony - striking! Are these for some lucky people on your Christmas list?

Wes

Noah, those are very nice indeed! They look just like the Pen Hardware that I use..............must have got them from the same guy? Seriously, nice work..............big fun, ain't it? Looking forward to seeing more Pens soon. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Noah!

Nice pens! I love the woods you used! Keep it up!

Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    I don't know about "keeping up with Gersty" though - personally I've given up on trying

Great job on the pens - great choice of woods - you'll have to turn me on to your private stash once I get started on pens

Keep up the good work & keep the pics coming - the rest of us need the inspiration - OK I need the inspiration
    tom

how did you make out with that pile of logs you scored this summer where they were widening that road or puttin up utility poles?

i don't think i saw a follow up of what came of it.
    chris