Thread: Leaving my mark

Leaving my mark

Hello all i'm looking for ways to personalize projects that I sell.I was thinking about a wooden medalion with a logo pressed into it that could be embeded into the piece in a visible location.How do you leave your mark on your projects?
    Jeff Hamilton

I recently bought an electric branding iron for the larger projects. For my turnings, I just turn [sic] to a fine Sharpie at present, but may try my woodburing set if I can keep my hand steady enough. But the medalion idea is very nice.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Check out Ken's laser cut medalion. It's the best I've seen.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

laser logo medallions **PICS**

In the past I used an electric branding iron. I then started using a "Sharpie" pen to "make my mark" on the bottom of bowls.

I presently use laser engraved wooden medallions to "make my mark". They are made various sizes and types of wood and are 1/8" thick. I simply drill a hole with a forstner bit and glue them in place. The ones shown in the pic below are 3 different sizes of cherry and poplar.

In collabortion with Keith Outten we were marketing these medallions. Due to a general lack of interest, I removed the page from my web site with the purchasing information. Keith may be willing to make you some.

Strange this post should appear now. I received an e-mail yesterday from a previous customer of medallions looking to acquire some for a friend. Maybe I should reconsider my decision to stop selling these . Keith might read and respond - he might be willing to make you some.

Here are pics of what I use:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 11-15-2003 at 10:52 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.