Thread: No permissions?

No permissions?

Hi all,
    I just signed up yesterday. It looks like Sawmill is a very active place!

I wanted to look at the files attached to the "Folding Tables and Chairs" post in the "Plans" forum but received the message that I didn't have permission to do this...is there something I need to do to gain access?

Regards,
    Al

Uhhhh...nevermind...

I found the post in the "project plans forum" that indicated only contributors can view these items.

I think that's a great way to entice contributors.

Regards,
    Al
    Last edited by "Al Dixon"; 12-14-2006 at 8:32 AM.

Al............Welcome to the Creek! SawMillCreek is a member supported group of forums. In other words, contributions from members pay the bills here. If you read the "sticky" at the top of the Plans forum, it is open to "contributors" only...not Members. We just had our annual fundraising drive last month and were asking for a donation of $7 IIRC. You can donate should you decide to by clicking on the donate button near the top of the page. Donations can be by PayPal or snail mail. Any donation of any size would IIRC qualify you as a contributor and thus you would have access to the "Plans" forum

Again.....Welcome to the Creek!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Because you are new to SMC...first welcome...

Next you must have missed this sticky...

"This forum is the home of SawMill Creek's woodworking projects and plans, and will primarily be used to share project drawings and files (with a 2MB limit, initially).

Access to download attachments in this Forum are limited to those who are Contributors to SawMill Creek. Obtaining a Contributors title is done through the "Donate Button" on the blue menu bar at the top of this page, right under your name on the top right side. We are trying to increase the number of Members who provide financial support for SawMill Creek and help keep The Creek free of advertising."

(Man Ken...you're quick...)
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 12-14-2006 at 8:35 AM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Thanks Ken and Glenn, got to it before me. (sounds like a radio show the "Ken & Glenn Show.")

And, welcome Al. You're right, this is an active place. To keep things running smoothly we ask for a contribution. It's not required for most things, and the amount doesn't really matter. One correction, we have suggested $6 not $7. Those rich guys from Idaho keep trying to up it. The plans and project forums do require a contribution of some kind. Hope this has cleared it all up and you're safely wading in the Creek.

Welcome,

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey
    Thanks Ken and Glenn, got to it before me. (sounds like a radio show the "Ken & Glenn Show.")

And, welcome Al. You're right, this is an active place. To keep things running smoothly we ask for a contribution. It's not required for most things, and the amount doesn't really matter. One correction, we have suggested $6 not $7. Those rich guys from Idaho keep trying to up it. The plans and project forums do require a contribution of some kind. Hope this has cleared it all up and you're safely wading in the Creek.

Welcome,

John
    John....as far as the "Ken and Glenn Show" it's leftovers from our former corporation...."Bonkers R Us".......

Rich guys from Idaho.....No...those folks live Couredalene and Sandpoint...North of Lewiston....I live in a small mill town......
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    John....as far as the "Ken and Glenn Show" it's leftovers from our former corporation...."Bonkers R Us".......
    "former" corporation? Did I miss the last Board (doesn't seem like the right word for this...) meeting? I was just noticing the residuals piling up in my bank account from every mention of Bonker R Us on TV, radio, and forums around the world. I was thinking about going down Maine on a vacation with it.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 12-15-2006 at 8:25 AM. Reason: corrected quote coding
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Help!

Hey, If I say the checks in the mail can I get Contributor status today?

My Pastors wife collects nativity scenes and I thought I might be able to whip out one of the nativity boxes per the plans in the plans forum before Sunday. But I need access to the plans today.

I'm good for a ten spot.

-Mike Monroe