Thread: Snow Day Today....

Snow Day Today....

Anyone else snowed under today?
    snow1.jpg

No work for me here in London (Southwestern Ontario) today.

Half an hour of hard shovelling and I haven't even made it to the street yet. 3/4 of the job is still ahead. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere. The University closed, so my outfit is shut down also. ALL schools are closed.
    snow2.jpg
    The snow was at 18-20" deep across the driveway.

Stay warm!
    snow3.jpg

"It's Not About You."

Nope...but the wind chill this morning is in single digits...coldest day since sometime in February.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not here either. In fact other than a few flurries we've not had any snow up this way. Colder than the preverbial ____ ___ though. At the rate we're going with the cold weather [over a week now with nothing above freezing] the frost should be pretty thick by now.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Have'nt had that much all at one time, but since last Thursday we've had between 5-16 inches a day. Today becomes "sled day." That's the day I quit using one loaded wheelbarrows to carry a day's worth of wood to the house and start using two loaded sleds because I get tired, and ornery, from shoveling a path for the wheelbarrow. It usually happens sometime in December.

Cheers, and good sledding,

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Snow south and to the north, but for once we missed it here in the Twin Cities.
    17 degree's though and a bit cool, but warming to the 30's this weekend.
    Al

Kids had a snow day yesterday...but not near the snow you got there! Holy smokes! That's my kind of snow storm!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Wow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Kids had a snow day yesterday...but not near the snow you got there! Holy smokes! That's my kind of snow storm!
    You know it, John!!! That's the kind of snow I remember getting as a kid in Detroit. HUGE amounts of snow! If that much snow fell in my new hometown, things would shut down for at least a week...

- Keith

I had that last Friday with 12-14 inches of heavy wet stuff. Now it is 7F or -13c outside. Thats cold enough to give the most burly moose shrinkage.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

No snow this far south but winter show up with some howling winds and fridged temps.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Ya ever think the snow was deeper when we were kids is because, we were shorter???

al...who's having a slow day at work again...

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits
    Ya ever think the snow was deeper when we were kids is because, we were shorter???
    Reminds me of a story.... I was on a camping weekend once and commented to a friend that I used to be terrified of the pit toilets when I was a kid. He remarked... "well, your head was a lot closer to the hole back then."
    "It's Not About You."

Man, I wish we would get two feet of snow in one storm. We have had maybe one storm with 12 inches in about five or six years.

Our snowfall is way down since at least the year 2000. It used to be common to get 12 inches a few times a year. We have had 1/2" of snow total this year. It was into the 50s ten days ago, but was zero a few days ago.

I'm sort of glad we don't have so much snow these days as our traffic congestion has gotten so bad. An inch of snow will bring the roads to a crawl even though Minnesota employs some of the best snow/ice removal technoloigy anywhere. It really wears on you when it snows an inch several days in a row and it takes forever to get around.

Brian Elfert