Thread: SuperMaxTools

SuperMaxTools

Hi all. Will be buying a new sander soon and wonder if anyone has any experience with the ShopPro25 by SuperMax or any of their products?I am also interested in the Shop Fox sanders as well. Any imput would be appreciated. Tnx.

SuperMax is the reincarnated "big machine" portion of Performax. The tools have a good reputation, as far as I know.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Tnx Jim. What about Shop Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Roberts
    What about Shop Fox?
    'Not familiar with their sander offerings. Most of the SF tools I've seen have been just fine; feature-laden, white colored, retail offering of similar offerings available direct through Grizzly in green.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have a Performax (Supermax) 25x2 that works pretty good. That said, it is expensive, $3600 +/-. There are others I would look at, among them are General, Performax, and Grizzly. They are heavier and priced $1000 less. Remember these are sanders, not abrasive planers. The Supermax is made in the USA and is easy to work on and easy to load the paper on. I am not totally familiar with the others. I did just look at the Performax at a show recently and was very impressed.

CPeter