Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10" Saw Blade Comparison Chart

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    ...This is a true opportunity to support American manufacturing without sacrificing a thing. Not everyone will put much weight into that philosophy, but assuming comparable performance, I view it as an advantage for Ridge Carbide and Forrest over the Japanese made Infinity and Gold Medal, Italian made CMT and F410, and the British made DW7657 (though the DW7657 is more attractively priced than the others). ...
    I spotted a glaring error in this comment, that I feel needs to be corrected. David Venditto contacted me to let me know that the Infinity blades are not made in Japan as I had originally commented. They're designed in the USA and manufactured in Italy. Also worth mentioning is that Infinity was not among the list of blades that I originally compared. Since this original compilation of blades, I've had the chance to experiment with some Infinity blades and have found all that I've used to be top shelf quality and performance, with an impeccable fit and finish. If you're not familiar with the history of Infinity, it was started by David Venditto, the son of the legendary Carlo Venditto of Freud USA, CMT USA, and Jesada.

Also worth noting is that the DW7657 is no longer made in England, and is now sold as an American made Delta Industrial 35-7657, available dirt cheap at closeout prices for ~ $30 shipped.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 03-06-2018 at 6:46 AM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Since this is from 2006 here is a current comparison where the Freud fusion that can occasionally be had for $75 on Amazon came out on top.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/2018/02/07/tool-test-tablesaw-combination-blades

Last edited by James White; 03-06-2018 at 8:15 AM.

James you really like freud fusion blades!

By the way, the FWW article requires an online subscription to view, so many won’t be able to see it, like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    James you really like freud fusion blades!

By the way, the FWW article requires an online subscription to view, so many won’t be able to see it, like me.
    I believe you can't beat them for the price. That is with the exception of the Delta Scott has alerted us to.

By the way I believe Fine Woodworking is made in the USA!

James

I bought a Fusion and it doesn't live up to the hype. It's good enough for the price, but I cannot get chipout free cuts in melamine like they claim and I get some crosshatching in rip cuts. It's a very good blade, but not a great blade.