Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to Atlanta WW Show Saturday??

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Anyone going to Atlanta WW Show Saturday??

Who will be going to the WW Show in Atlanta on Saturday - Maybe we can hook-up.

I am

Are you aware of the Pond gathering Saturday at noon at Mike Johnson's?? If not, let me know and I'll email the info and Mike's email for you.

Re: I am

Originally posted by Ken Wright
    Are you aware of the Pond gathering Saturday at noon at Mike Johnson's?? If not, let me know and I'll email the info and Mike's email for you.
    Yes Ken -- I will be there and go to the show after lunch with you guys.

Great .....

It'll be a pleasure to finally get to meet the infamous Mr. Salisbury!!!

I'll be there

I may go to the show in the AM and then to Mike's for lunch at noon. I'll definitely be at Mike's house. If I don't make it to the show in the AM, then I'll go after we leave Mike's.

Harvey

Thumbs up I am as well

I didn't think about going to the show first then to Mike's, I had planned to go to lunch then to the show. Will the show, be large enough to go both morning and evening?
    Jim Fuller Lineville, Al

Re: I am as well

Originally posted by Jim Fuller
    I didn't think about going to the show first then to Mike's, I had planned to go to lunch then to the show. Will the show, be large enough to go both morning and evening?
    Jim,
    I don't really know --- like I said I am going to Mikes first for lunch and then to the show.

What route?

Do you take from Huntsville to Atlanta?
    Jim Fuller Lineville, Al

Re: What route?

Originally posted by Jim Fuller
    Do you take from Huntsville to Atlanta?
    Some times I take the short route through Scottsboro, Ft Payne, Rome, etc. (185 miles). Other times I go through Chattanooga (215 miles) which is all either 4 lane or Interstate. Since I will be traveling on Saturday it probably will be quicker going the long route. Don't know for sure yet. I guess whatever cranks my tractor once I get in the truck

Plan on a crowd

The WW show is always very crowded. Sometimes it's so crowded you can't get close enough to anything to see what's going on. There is usually a long line just to buy the entry ticket. I've waited almost an hour in the past - just to get in. I have heard that the crowds are a bit thinner in the latter part of the day and also thinner on Sunday. So just be prepared.

Harvey

Atl WW Show

I'll see you folks at Mike's for lunch. The line to get into the show on Sat can be a long one, so I'm thinking about doing the show on Friday instead. I live close enough to where it's not a big deal to go out there. Now all I have to do is manage to get Friday off. That'll be fun.....
    Robert

Re: Atl WW Show

Originally posted by Robert Simmons
    so I'm thinking about doing the show on Friday instead. I live close enough to where it's not a big deal to go out there. Now all I have to do is manage to get Friday off. That'll be fun.....
    Robert
    I've always gone to the show on Fridays and the crowd is just as bad as Saturday.

Harvey

re: Atlanta WW show

Weather supposed to be bad Saturday. Maybe that will help with crowds?

Re: Anyone going to Atlanta WW Show Saturday??

Originally posted by Ken Salisbury
    Who will be going to the WW Show in Atlanta on Saturday - Maybe we can hook-up.
    I'll look forward to seeing you at Mike's Ken. I also plan to go to the show in the afternoon.

WW show admission

Y'all may already know but on the ww show's website, there is a $1 off admission coupon. The address is www.thewoodworkingshows.com/atlanta You can print it out. There is also a list of demos and seminars along with directions
    HTH
    Randy