Thread: sorting "Favorites"

sorting "Favorites"

There seems to be a lot of good computer advice here. I'll seek an answer to a puzzler regarding my saved "Favorites".
    In several of my categories, like 'woodworking and tools' I have many-many sites saved. This one probably has 200.
    I know that to list alphabetically, one right clicks then chooses "sort by name" and 'voila' they list alphabetically. Or they are supposed to. But, it seems that there is a limit and after a certain number new sites won't list alphabetically.
    So my question is: whahoppen?
    Is there a way to correct this?

Question

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259735

SYMPTOMS
    When you try to sort your favorites in alphabetical order, some of the favorites may not appear in order.

CAUSE
    This issue can occur if you have more that 193 favorites listed on the Favorites menu.

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, move the favorites into subfolders, or delete any unused favorites until you have less than 193.
    The world's newest weekend woodworker. I love the smell of sawdust in the morning.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    If you have more than 193 favorites you are spending waaaay too much time on the internet.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

I have to agree

I have to agree with Ken, go turn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim King
    I have to agree with Ken, go turn something.
    Yer probably right. My office is between the tv room and my shop. I stop at it every time I walk through the house.
    I have way-way more Favorites saved than 193 in woodworking and a couple other categories. Much easier than Googling, and that is pretty easy. Oh, well.
    Thanks for the info.