Thread: polls and moderators

polls and moderators

Shouldn't polls that affect SMC be restricted to the support forum?
    A current poll is repeated, with biased, leading wording, in every forum.
    Or are polls and/or moderators not bound by the TOS?

Frank........If the poll that offends you is John Bailey's about no advertising.........He's just trying to insure that all the forums have a chance to get involved. Some members don't use the New Posts button and therefore don't get to see what's in the "Support" forum. Financial support is critical...........if that poll offends you........I'm sure advertising will too............
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Frank........If the poll that offends you is John Bailey's about no advertising.........He's just trying to insure that all the forums have a chance to get involved. Some members don't use the New Posts button and therefore don't get to see what's in the "Support" forum. Financial support is critical...........if that poll offends you........I'm sure advertising will too............
    Thanks Ken, you're right. It's been my observation that the support forum isn't visited by many or often. My posts this morning were reminders for those who would like to keep the Creek advertiser free. Those who feel differently certainly have a legitimate point of view.

Thanks also to Frank for bringing the subject up, as it will help clarify the issue with the folks.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey
    Thanks also to Frank for bringing the subject up, as it will help clarify the issue with the folks.
    Just the folks who visit the Support Forum.

Oops.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco
    Shouldn't polls that affect SMC be restricted to the support forum?
    A current poll is repeated, with biased, leading wording, in every forum.
    Or are polls and/or moderators not bound by the TOS?
    Frank, with all due respect, when something as important as the continued existence of SMC is the subject it should be in all the forums. I don't know of any restrictions in the TOS which prohibit such actions. Maybe you should concentrate on supporting SMC rather than your continuous questioning of the moderation methods and the TOS.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.