Thread: Panel optimising software

Panel optimising software

What software are you using to do lay out? I'm currently doing it on paper. I'm looking at Cut List plus. What else is out there? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Blog Entries

Sheet layout

I use Don Micolettis Aheet layout for windows. It is fast, accurate and pretty easy to use.Sheet layout
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have found CutList Plus to be very useful for optimizing material cutting operations. The only issue's I've has is "human mistakes" in the take-off process from my CAD drawings or "napkin sketches"...'can't blame that on the software!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

4. I'll second a vote for Cut List Plus. Just finished using it for a full set of kitchen cabinets and it saved me 3 sheets of ply. I also used the label feature to print out removable labels and the time saved alone in organization with 70+ pieces made the 60.00 spent for the silver package worth every penny. Good product.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles McKinley
    What software are you using to do lay out? I'm currently doing it on paper. I'm looking at Cut List plus. What else is out there? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks
    Another vote for Cutlist Plus
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska