Thread: Turned on the A/C

Talking Turned on the A/C

I hate to rub it in, for you folks getting cold and even snow (actually I'm enjoying it) but I had to turn on the A/C in the shop just now. With the temperature outside at well over 70 and the sun coming in the windows it got up to 76 in here.

This is the latest in the fall that I've worn shorts and a t-shirt. I suppose we'll pay for it later.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Well I'm sitting here in my place about twenty miles north of Detroit. It's forty-one degrees outside and I've got a roaring fire going in the fireplace, the Tigers are up 3-0 with one out in the top of the eighth and the Redwings just dropped the puck. It looks like I'm going to be able to watch the Tigers go up 3-0 in the ALCS and then flip over and watch my Redwings battle the Sabres.

Life is good!

John

Edit:

1:29 into the game and the Wings are up 1-0. After they beat the heck out of Phoenix 9-2 the other night, things are real good right now.
    Last edited by John Pollman; 10-13-2006 at 7:30 PM.

I have a good friend from Detroit and can't stand the A's, so I'm with you on the ALCS!! Listening on the radio, still 40 minutes to work here.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    40* blustery and dry maybe some snow tonight .
    Brought in a load of wood for the fire
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio
    ...I had to turn on the A/C in the shop just now. With the temperature outside at well over 70 and the sun coming in the windows it got up to 76 in here. ...
    And on this end of the country, I had to turn on the heat - in both the house and the shop - this morning. We had our first freeze - 29° - last night. The house was down to 64° this morning, and the shop was 57°.

But, at least we're not Buffalo, with two feet of snow! (although, the wife and I are going to Niagara & Toronto mid week, next week. Hopefully, the snow will all be gone by then...)

you better hope the electric is back on Jim!!

Crystal clear and 72° today up here in the top right corner. Gorgeous weather!
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Crystal clear and 72° today up here in the top right corner. Gorgeous weather!
    About 70 and partly cloudy here on the lower-left corner, although they're claiming it will start raining "any time now".
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

About 76 today, will be about 40 tomorrow morning when the balloons are scheduled to start flying. Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is in full swing, at least for two more days! It will probably rain tomorrow!
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Snowed like crazy Wednesday and yesterday. Supposed to be in the 50's on Sunday. Don't know whether to borrow Tyler's thong and get a tan or get the snow blower out of the shed and see if it'll start.

Tyler and a thong....hummmm...only thing worse might be Tyler in a thong using the snow blower...

Al