Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filter Test Thread

Filter Test Thread

Have you seen the ASHRAE Filter Test thread in the General Wood Forum? It's been carved away like a Thanksgiving Turkey by our Super Moderator.
    So as I read it, any deviation from the OP and the post will be deleted. Is this now the method of operation for all threads or only the ones that xxxxx you off.
    Let's not forget that most of us are adults and expect to be treated like one.
    Maybe a fishing trip is needed to let things cool off a bit.

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Wolf; 10-08-2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Yup, I've seen it, I've read it, and I support what John Bailey, Ken, Keith, and others have stated in the thread. Unfortunately, forum moderation provides both a positive environment as well as one that is displeasing to others on the site. I do my best to be fair, honest, and upfront on any thread I remove. I also do my best to notify the thread "owner" why the thread was removed. But then, that's just me....cut from old cloth.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Fitler Test Tread
    Have you seen the ASHRAE Filter Test tread in the General Wood Fourm? It's been craved away like a Thanksgiving Turkey by our Super Moderator.
    So as I read it, any diveation from the OP and the post will be deleted. Is this now the method of operation for all treads or only the ones that xxxxx you off.

Richard
    Richard - I'm reporting this post to the moderators because of spelling errors.
    Use the fence Luke

Doug, I fixed the ones I could. Be careful, your post will be deleted because it deviates from the OP.

Richard

As does yours, Richard.

And mine.

LOL!!! Too funny....Spelling errors. Whoops...now my post is not on topic.....

How 'bout them threads?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Figuring out what constitutes an off-topic post in the Off Topic Forum is way too metaphysical for me.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

If it discusses woodworking then it's off topic.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Which of course brings us directly to Keith's post, the last in that locked thread, where it is written:

"Anyone who is dissatisfied with the way things are done around here should move on or adjust to the way things are done here."

Of course, if I mention anything about that thread, or the inconcisten...oops. Almost finished that word.

Yes, the perhaps the thread on the ASHRAE Filter Test is now dead. Perhaps died an unnatural and untimely death due to the editing and warnings.

If I comment on Keith's quote as applies to evidently the Filter Test thread as brough into this benign post in the Off-Topic forum by the Super Moderator, in all likelihood your thread will be expunged as well, Richard.

But by Ken's pointing to that warning, I suspect it means discussing the Filter Test thread may carry consequences.

Take care, Mike

11. Just a question, if you guys know who the 2% are, why not just ban them?

If you figure that a very small handful of "Trouble Makers" or "Cry Babies" are the source of all of this discord, why not just revoke their membership?

After all, it is your sandbox, you write the music, why not just tell them if they keep on with this 2% crap they will be banned?

Just curious is all (hoping I'm not considered a 2% er)

12. Just curious is all (hoping I'm not considered a 2% er)
    Gee, Stu--trying to get me tossed? I suspect I am on that list. But I don't think you are part of the 2% figure, Stu.

I wonder how the dance was? I wasn't invited, and it's been a while since I've gone to a dance [grade school I think] so I feel a little left out.

Take care, Mike

Those who actually act like adults are treated as such.

Richard
    When the chronic complainers finally take a nap maybe I can actually get some fishing time in.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan

After all, it is your sandbox, you write the music, why not just tell them if they keep on with this 2% crap they will be banned?

That's exactly what Keith is trying to tell them. They don't listen to that either.

Doug, I fixed the ones I could. Be careful, your post will be deleted because it deviates from the OP.

Richard
    Sorry. No disrespect intended. I just couldn't resist the irony on a thread about having posts deleted just because someone didn't like what you said.
    Use the fence Luke