Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WoodCraft Jorgie Orgy - He shoots, he scores!!

I am easily confused with am and pm so I thought that the sale started at noon duh!

SO I told my boss I had to go to the store and thought I was showing up early at the Atlanta woodcraft store. Yeah me and about 15 other people. So I just got in the clamp line.

THey had 2 pallets but the limit was 2 per size per person so I got 2 24 and 2 36 inch clamps. better than a sharp stick in the eye but there were several P.O'ed people that wanted 4 of each. but there were some left when I left.

I like the price but I am not sure the feeding frenzy is worth it.

Roger

Finally!

After missing out on all the previous clamp sales, I was determined to get in on this one. Then crew schedules calls and offers me a good deal trip at time and a half. Thinking of all the tools I can buy with the extra money, I say yes. So when 0000 eastern rolls around, I am on final approach to IAH. Oh well, missed out again.

We get back to AFW very early this morning, so I take a short nap, then get up and go down to my local Woodcraft. I show up at 0730 for the 0900 store opening. I am the first one there, so I sit in my truck and read the paper, trying to make sure I don't fall asleep and miss the opening. Then at eight, another truck pulls up. Then another, and another, and another. By 0900 there are 6 guys standing in line for what ends up being less than a dozen clamps of each size. Fortunately, everyone does not "max out" on their limit of 4 of each size, so when the frenzy is over, there are still 4 clamps left. I take home 4 24's and 4 36's. I won't need clamps for a while.

Was it worth it? I don't know. I sure like my Bessey's, but I'll give these a chance.

Sure am sleepy....time to take a nap.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

It's all you guys fault

I got in on the Amazon deal with 4 36" then realized with what I do I should've gotten the 24's instead - oh well live & learn. then everyone starts talking about the woodcraft sale. I resist the urge & don't even worry about it. Then something strange happened - I got in my car to go to lunch & somehow ended up at the woodcraft store just down the road 5 minutes from here. I don't know how I got there but I walked in picked up the last 3 jorgies they had (24") paid the man & walked out

There was a stack labeled sold to a friend from WC so I told the guy to tell Fred that I slid him a $10 bill & he let me have them instead

Ok I definately have enough clamps now!
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Jorgy /Woodcraft sale

Same experience as most others-set up account early-logged on at 11:02 CST, had items in basket, waited & "refreshed " 4 times--got to chk out and was told "no Inventory"- (I had called the Woodcraft 1-800 # yesterday and both ladies I spoke with were very friendly and helpful-they really were and they were working late-I was even warned to be ready to chk-out as soon as the sale prices were displayed)--The problem was, their server wouldn't let me.... did find a couple at the local store this morning--30 miles away.

Question--Does anybody from Woodcraft read these posts so they know they are creating some and bad feelings from people who spend money? The 10% online purchase "sorry for the inconvenience" coupon is nice, but not the same warm feeling a customer gets when a"pleasant" sales experience happens. Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shupe
    Was it worth it? I don't know. I sure like my Bessey's, but I'll give these a chance.
    But you do get the prize for traveling the longest distance to get those clamps!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

got my 4

Got to woodcraft today at about 8:30. I was 2nd in line, by the time I left, they handed the ninth person a ticket allowing him to buy 2 of each size.

Got 2 24s and 2 36s to go with my 18 Besseys.

I got another 60 or so spring clamps and c-clamps and bessey minis,
    my question is............does having these 4 more clamps help my cause as a woodworker, or am I just a sucker for a good deal.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

I got an email from Woodcraft tonite saying "we have shipped your order #5555555" and I'm thinking Cool, so I go to the website and check my order and it says canceled , then I reread the WHOLE email the top says order shipped but the bottom it says order canceled

Klamps

Same story as most others ren-line ordering attempt at 12:02am, EAst Coast time, got right in to site, got to clamps, "sold out" msg. Called Woodcraft STore in Tigard,Or. this am. I spoke with "Jeff". They had some left. I have ordered from them before with credit card and they shipped. Even though he had some in stock and no customers at the door, he refused to take my order and ship. In the last two years, I have spent over $3K at that store. I fully understand "limited to stock on hand" but to have them on hand and refuse to sell in the same manor as I have done business with them in the past just soiled their reputation. I'll find somewhere else to do business. Compare this to my earlier posting about Delmhorst ATTABOY if you want a comparison regarding customer service.
    Thanks
    Ernie
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Kuhn
    In the last two years, I have spent over $3K at that store.
    Ernie,

2 weeks ago someone posted that they had found the clamps on sale at there local Woodcraft in Raleigh NC. The next morning I called the store in Charlotte NC since I stop by that store on the way to visit my mom in Winston-Salem. They told me that they had just received thier clamps the day before and that they were available at the store for the sale price at that time. They shipped me 6 36" clamps out the next day. I did have to pay $12 shipping. You might won't to try calling stores outside of your area. I think each store handled the sale as they saw fit. You might get lucky and find a store that still has some that is willing to ship to you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Davidson
    I think each store handled the sale as they saw fit. You might get lucky and find a store that still has some that is willing to ship to you.
    This is an important point...almost all Woodcraft stores are franchises and the owner can do a lot of things that a company store might not be able to do, including advancing sale prices...or refusing to ship on a special like this. To that fellow who's done a lot of business with a local store and was refused a credit card buy, I'd let that owner know about it plain and certain!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

John,
    I'm going to the wood show in Tacoma, WA tomorrow and will visit the Woodcraft booth/store to see if there is any chance. Other than that, I sent Woodcraft HQ and email about my previous customer status and this experience. But I appreciate your suggestion re: calling another store to see if the policy is different. Will post back after the show on Sunday.
    Ernie
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA