Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoodCraft Jorgie Orgy - He shoots, he scores!!

WoodCraft Jorgie Orgy - He shoots, he scores!!

I just finally got through the sloooooowwwww checkout process. I now have 4-24" and 4-36" Jorgies to add to my 16 Besseys. What am I gonna do with two different colors? Anyone want to trade some recently purchased Besseys?
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

38min for 2 24" clamps

Sold Out

I should have set up my account earlier. I had them in my basket. Then by the time it was ready for me to put in my CC they were all gone.
    Matthew Poeller

Yea, what a crock

I start the process to order the clamps on sale at Woodcraft at 11:03 CDT. It takes 15 minutes to get to the sale page -- some server they have. Then it takes another 10 minutes to add the clamps to the shopping basket. (Great response time.) I start through check-out and 20 minutes later, after filling out all the shipping info, but before they ask for my credit card info, I get a summary page that says that there is NO INVENTORY, and to remove the items from my shopping cart.

And now here is a kicker. I signed up for the Email reminder. Well I just got the reminder, it arrived with a time stamp of 11:42, AFTER THE CLAMPS WERE GONE.

What a crock!

Call it sour grapes, or whatever you wish, but I still think it is a crock of "stuff."

Just another WoodCraft happy customer, NOT!

Yea, yea, they said limited quantity
    Best Regards, Ken

thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Poeller
    I should have set up my account earlier. I had them in my basket. Then by the time it was ready for me to put in my CC they were all gone.
    To keep the purchase under the radar, I went to my sister's dorm, ordered it on her card to be delivered to her. I got 4 of each, confirmed the order and am now a happy camper!

-Dave

I meant to add that about an hour before I made sure the account was all setup because I thought there might be some problems. I'm glad I did.

-Dave

Angry Klamps

Ken,
    I "found" sale page quickly and just as quickly found that all three sizes are, "SOLD OUT" and, NO BACK ORDERS.

Much ado about nothing unless, you got in there really early.
    Next time?
    Ernie
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

Woodcraft Sale

Glad for those of you able to get through.

In this case, there would be a certain advantage to living in time zones other than Eastern. Some of us just can't stay up that late and still finction at work the next day.

Maybe the next start time can be in the middle of the day - after they get in more than just a "teaser" quantity. And no, I am not driving to my "nearest" Woodcraft store on the off-chance there may be some there.

Ted

I got in, just barely

Having missed out on the Amazon Jorgie Orgy, I set an alarm at 11:57 last night. I signed on and went to the Woodcraft page and kept refreshing until the good prices appeared. Then I went through the amazingly slow process of adding 4 of each to the cart and checking out.

The server response time was glacial, but it eventually worked and my order went through.

I'd love to see the server traffic stats from last night!

I also wonder about the poor sould who probably stood in line all night at the local woodcraft store to snap up the dozen of each size they had available...

Anyway, I was one of the lucky ones, but it was not particularly easy.

I was in at 10:30 CST (11:30 EST)

went right to the sale page and refreshed, at 11:00 CST i started my order. I was checking out a minute later. I used the guest side and it took about 15 minutes. I got a confirmation in my email, so 4 48's to ad to the 24's and 36's I bought erlier. Now what to do with 12 Jorgies? I guess I have to store them on the other side of the shop so I don't have cross polination with my Bessey's, otherwise there could be another clamp orgy going on. I can just see it now... baby Bergy's.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Jeff Watson Guest
    I know it is a free market, but it does kind a tick a guy off with these teaser sales. I was in the Indy store last week and the first sales man didn't even know about the sale. Finally the second salesman I talked to knew about it but had no details, said wait till the flyer comes out. Got the flyier Wednesday with opportunity for a e-mail reminder from woodcraft. Put in for the reminder. Just checked, got the e-mail reminder at 11:06 my time, which would have been 12:06 eastern time. By that time it sounds like woodcraft servers were already locked up. I finally got on line last night at 11:30, 12:30 eastern. Clamps gone. Called the Indy store at 9:00 oclock this morning, surprise phone busy. Finally got through at 9:05 clamps all gone. O well, I feel much better now that I have vented. I did get in on the Sears bessy frenzy last year so I can't complain too much. I just bought 3 PC sanders, so I am crossing my fingers on that deal. Sorry don't have any cheese to go with this wine.

Frequent Lurker, once in a while poster.

If you're in the area, go to the Palatine IL Woodcraft. I was there this am and got 6 of each size, (no limit at this store). When I left, there were about 40+ of each size left. If you hurry, you can still get some.

Good Luck!
    Linc

Well, I got sleepy at 10:30

Called it a night. Got up this morning, had my home page set at woodcraft, and right there it said sold out. Then I got there friendly reminder about the sale. Already have 24 of the things, but could use some more 24". Maybe next time, whoever is having the sale will do better than woodcraft

The one good thing about woodcraft as opposed to the other sales is they advertised it well in advance and they were available on-line and at the store. Of course this probably means they were sold out alot faster than the others.

Like the rest of you...I too was frustrated by the slow server and lack of inventory after spending 20+ mins trying to check out (had everything set up ahead of time). I went to bed very disgruntled.

But on a whim I just called my local Woodcraft store (at noon). Yep, still have them, limit of 6 of each size. SCORE!!! I grabbed 6 of each. Now I just have to drive the hour to the store to pick them up. But for this price, the 2 hour round trip and about 6 gallons of diesel are well worth it.

Be well,

Doc
    Last edited by Don Abele; 10-17-2003 at 1:36 PM.