Thread: Moak Bandsaw

Rob Will Guest

Moak Bandsaw

I was just wondering...........
    Where do you get parts for a Moak Super 36 bandsaw?

From the OWWM website:
    The company went under in mid-1992, but (as of 2004) some parts are available from Moak Repair Parts Co. in Kimball, MI: (810) 985-7164.

I did not get an answer.
    Anybody know about this company or these saws?

Thanks,
    Rob

Rob post in the OWWM and let them know your looking for a part. Sometimes they have one that they part out
    Reg
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

hi rob
    although the moak line of equipment was not as well known as the tannewitz saws, some folks consider them as good or a better design than the tannewitz saw. I happen to own a moak super 36 and if you click on this link you will find a bunch of information about my saw. the number you called is ron smiths number and he will eventually get back to you. what part are you looking for? moak used a number of off the shelf power transmission parts as well as common die springs for their blade tension system. the blade guides were from paddoc or carter and both are still in business. the tires were from carter.

my moak super 36 .... super slow speed saw

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=19846

the moak super 36 band saw tire change method
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36341

best wishes
    lou

Hi Everyone, I just bought a Moak Super 36. I was mislead when I bought it. BUT having used Moak Bandsaws in the past knew that it worth the investment. My problem is I need a new, recycled, or even well used Main table for this saw. Someone put a hand made table on this and its flimsy and flexes a LOT. Also there is no tilt available. Ron Smiths number is disconnected and no longer in service. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks in advance.

As post #2 says, from 13 years ago, post over on OWWM and you’ll get a lot better responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Vaughan View Post
    Hi Everyone, I just bought a Moak Super 36. I was mislead when I bought it. BUT having used Moak Bandsaws in the past knew that it worth the investment. My problem is I need a new, recycled, or even well used Main table for this saw. Someone put a hand made table on this and its flimsy and flexes a LOT. Also there is no tilt available. Ron Smiths number is disconnected and no longer in service. Anyone out there that can help me? Thanks in advance.
    Better start looking for a parts machine.
    There are probably parts out there, stuffed in the back corner of an old time machinery mans shop, but most of us hate coming off parts that could be needed at some point.