Thread: Platters class 201

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Platters class 201

Quite a while ago I was looking at some beautiful walnut off-cuts left over from a flat work project and I wondered if it was even possible to use them for something. I asked about the feasibility of making platters from 4/4 stock. Many people responded with comments and ideas, then Andy was kind enough to try it out and give us a detailed report.

To show my appreciation for your efforts, here is the first platter that I tried based on Andy's Platter 101 class. However, Andy did it way too easy. Here is a much more difficult way of making platters, so call this Platter 201 class or "Platters the hard way"

Instructions:
    1. Find a woman.
    2. Marry her.
    3. Make it 12 years without her killing you no matter how much you deserve it.

.. The pace of the project speeds up from here ...

4. Make the 3 door cabinet that she has been wanting for her 12 year anniversary present. Just because you're that kind of guy, make her put the finish on her own present.

5. From here, take the offcuts from step #4 and follow Andy's Platters 101 class.

Now that I know that I can do it, I'll take the better looking offcuts and we'll use these platters as housewarming gifts for new neighbors. Thanks for all the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images