Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single line font

Doug, thanks - needed these just the other day and spent time drawing my own - just shows that I've been out of the creek too long....
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

I know this is an old thread. Perhaps these fonts would be useful to those in need of stick fonts. They are True type fonts. http://www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

Nice selection of fonts remember these are still True Type fonts which means the lines are on top each other so watch your power settings as it goes over them two times.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

@ Craig - I'm going to disagree with you on that one Craig. I ran 1CamBam Stick 1 prior to my post and they were indeed single line fonts. I used 1CamBam Stick 1 and the laser, in vector mode, went over the lines once. I did not use raster because these aren't raster fonts. I just made sure the lines were hairline and used 30/100/5000 for the vector settings with Cermark. Give it a go and let me know what you come up with.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

QUOTE=Greg Bednar;1962722]@ Craig - I'm going to disagree with you on that one Craig. I ran 1CamBam Stick 1 prior to my post and they were indeed single line fonts. I used 1CamBam Stick 1 and the laser, in vector mode, went over the lines once. I did not use raster because these aren't raster fonts. I just made sure the lines were hairline and used 30/100/5000 for the vector settings with Cermark. Give it a go and let me know what you come up with.[/QUOTE]

From the link you gave:
    It's kind of a double edged sword, needing to have the fonts be able to install themselves under windows as TrueType, and still having them appear to be a truly single line font. All the fonts are built using a 100% overlap in the font design, which tricks my TrueType font design program into thinking they are really looped TrueType fonts, when they really don't have an inside and outside loop.
    The following tip from Davek on the CamBam Forum:
    I just used a trick I've used before on your fonts. I used "remove overlaps" on them. A quick look at the G code file and it seems to not be going over them twice.

Here is what you need to do:

Highlight text
    convert to polylines
    Make a new layer and make it active
    remove overlaps
    delete text on original layer (or just delete original layer maybe)
    So, yes, they do have two lines - all true type fonts must be that way, it's how they have to be made.

Unhappy

I read the same material you did - here is a file saved in version 13 - you run it and you tell me what happens when you run it with with the settings I used. If you want, convert the text to curves and examine them as I did and you will find that you are correct. To me it only looked like there was a single run over the characters, with the dashboard in the optimized setting. I'll try again, perhaps I was wrong.

Which, as a matter of fact, I WAS!! So my apologies, but it's still great for Cermarking metal with the vector settings!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Greg Bednar; 07-31-2012 at 4:41 PM. Reason: additional info

OK - It only did one path after I converted the text to curves and then welded it. So that's going to work fine for me in my applications; and save a little time too. - I apologize to all for the kerfuffle.