Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost There

Jean,

From the pictures, I'd say a nice shop like that will be well worth the wait. I know it must be difficult not being able to use the tools for a while yet, but just think when you have it all set up how nice it will be. From the looks of the picture I believe that lathe is a 1442. If so how have you liked it? I am looking at that model for a possible near future upgrade.

Hang in there, the good days will be here again before you know it.

Jean,
    Lucky to have a snake that size, as she will definitely help control the undesireable rodent population. Tools in the house are cool, knowing that it's only temporary. Years ago the #3 bedroom was my woodshop, and before that had motorcycle and car engines in my livingroom. It's better now, and stuff like that is in the shop and barn where it belongs. Best of luck with your new facilities.

Yes Bob, it's a 1442. The time I've been able to use it (which hasn't been enough for my liking), it's been great. It passed my husband's approval - and that's a good thing. He's by no means an expert, but I trust his opinion above all others when it comes to tools and motorcycles (and a few other things).

Yes Richard, the snake will help to keep the rodent population down, but I am deathly afraid of them! I don't mind all the little lizards, but not snakes or worms. I'm keeping the grass really short so they won't want to come around the house....and if they do, I'll be able to see them sooner rather than later.

We're adding windows now and heat & AC...will be a year round shop.