Thread: Something different - a square turning.

Something different - a square turning.

I was sitting around trying to think of something different to do last night and came up with this. I saw something like this once before. I think Jennifer posted one back in the days of the Pond. It's made out of Curly Maple and has one coat of Velvit Oil on it. The size is 1 1/2" x 7". I was able to center it using my Jumbo Jaws and I hate to say it but it was turned totally with a scraper. Tear- out was a pain by the legs, so I sanded most of them out with my ROS. Still had one bad one but I had to leave it in. I guess you could call it "Character". I was going to leave the top corners square but a launch accross the shop took care of that idea. It has pretty thick walls as I had to turn the inside of the bowl first and then the bottom so I had a way to mount it.

Thanks for looking.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joe-

Nice work! At first glance, it looks quite stout from the top view but looking underneath, you did a nice job of thinning it down! I'll bet it's deceptive to pick up, thinking it will be heavier than it actually is!

Nice job. You're a braver man than me turning those square things like that!

Thanks for posting!
    Mark

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
    Will Rogers