Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Strauss
    Don,
    I'm green with envy (actually gray with Delta)! I drive a 1440 and you get to drive the 3520B. You won't be disappointed! My buddy has a 3520A so I know first-hand how fantastic your machine is. I tell my buddy it is like going from driving a Honda Civic (Delta 1440) to a Lexus 450 (PM3520) because of the smoothness and power all in one.

If you are in the Toledo, Ohio area and need help with the setup, let me know. The headstock is a beast on that beauty and usually takes two people unless you've got a really strong back (not recommended)!

Congrats once again!!!!!!

Dick
    I was actually in the market for a Jet 1642, almost bought it. My wife decided to accompany me to the woodworking show in Ontario, CA. As I was showing her the Jet she noticed me eying the PM next to it. What's the difference between the two, she inquired. Just look at it and turn the handles, see how smooth and nice the finish is, not to mention the mass of the thing... Which one do you REALLY want was her next question. The PM, I blurted out. Well then, that is the one we save up for! Six months later, done deal!

Congrats Don!

Make sure you get help putting the legs on. My neighbor brought his engine hoist over to help me. You are going to love it!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Don,
    I'm not familiar with the Jet 1642 but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the mustard. Your wife is definitely a keeper in my book!

It's a small world...I used to live in your neck of the woods. Post your location in your profile and you may be able to get some volunteers to help with the setup. You might also be able to visit other SMC'ers shops to take a few lessons if needed. I'd also like to recommend that you look for a local club. You might want to try the Inland Woodturners that meet in Riverside. I know it is a bit of a drive but it will probably be worth the trip.

http://www.inlandwoodturners.org/

Best of luck,
    Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Strauss
    Don,
    I'm not familiar with the Jet 1642 but I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the mustard. Your wife is definitely a keeper in my book!

It's a small world...I used to live in your neck of the woods. Post your location in your profile and you may be able to get some volunteers to help with the setup. You might also be able to visit other SMC'ers shops to take a few lessons if needed. I'd also like to recommend that you look for a local club. You might want to try the Inland Woodturners that meet in Riverside. I know it is a bit of a drive but it will probably be worth the trip.

http://www.inlandwoodturners.org/

Best of luck,
    Dick
    I am planning on joining the Central Coast Woodturners of California, sounds like a lot of fun!

Don - what city do you live in? I'm in Burbank, self-employed (time is my own) and may be interested in helping you out if you're within 100 miles or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary DeWitt
    Don - what city do you live in? I'm in Burbank, self-employed (time is my own) and may be interested in helping you out if you're within 100 miles or so...
    I live in Morro Bay, 10 miles north of San Luis Obispo. For the next month or so I am working in Los Angeles (which is why I only have internet access on weekends). Would love to pick up some pointers, as I have not done any significant turning in 25 years..

Bought my 3520 3yrs ago. My wife came out to the shop , looked for a minute and asked , how much did that cost. I didn't hesitate. I told her about 25 trips to the beauty shop! She likes to sit in my studio and crochet while I turn. I really love my wife. Good luck w your PM. Looks like your wife loves you too.
    Jim

I bought my 3520A when they were being discontinued as the B model was being introduced. You won't believe how much more enjoyable and productive your time turning will become. The rate at which I can spin new and innovative chunks of firewood has increased by ten fold.

It is without a doubt one of my best investments. Now if they could just come up with a different color!
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Congrats Don. It's a nice macine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Cori
    Now if they could just come up with a different color!
    BLASPHEMER!!!

Be Blessed

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Conklin
    BLASPHEMER!!!

ROFL..........
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

WTG, Don.

Time for the Ultimate in Enjoyment!

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

Sweet and congrats Don! I am jealous!

corey