Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Defection

Talking Another Defection

Well, I've seen a few other new members over here in SMC who I've met at that "other" forum. Don't know if it's OK to mention them by name. While I'm not in the league with the other recent "defectors", I do enjoy my hobby of woodworking and am hoping to learn from the good people here on SMC.

Blaine

Blaine,
    Welcome, pull up any ole log and join the fun. We like shop tours and pictures of your projects.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 08-28-2006 at 3:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer
    Blaine,
    Welcome, pull up any ole log and join the fun. We like ship tours and pictures of your projects.
    As Don said, "Welcome Blaine". We do like pictures and we like shop tours also.

Sorry Don, couldn't resist.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Welcome, Blaine. I need to check out the "other" forum to see the reasons for the mass exodus. Now all I need know is, "what other forum?"
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Come on in Blaine, the water in the Creek is pleasant. We will learn from you just as you may learn from us. Pictures when you get a chance. We are all hobbiests here, it's just that some of us are Highly Professional Hobbiests who make their living at it, while others, like me, just putz around. Welcome.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Hi Blaine,

A good friend of of mine has a buddy named Blaine in Illinois. He is into flower gardens.........izzatchew?

welcome blaine!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

8. Welcome, Blaine!
    I don't think of it as defection or exodus--There are quite a few SMC members who have also been active on WN and other forums. Some SMC members are also more active elsewhere. And vice versa.

As well, some of the Knots members have also come here lately--some didn't know SMC existed.

Take care, Mike

Welcome, Blaine. SMC is a great community and your input will be valued.

Some of us pretty much make this "home" (with occasional visits elsewhere), others participate in a variety of forums regularly and still others only stop by SMC on occasion as they call somewhere else "home". No problem with any of these...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

welcome to the creek.. I call this home

lou

Hello Blaine,

It's good to see you here. As a creek member for all of two days, let me welcome you, and as always, if you need anything shoot me a PM.

I registered on Saturday and there has been quite a bit of movement this weekend.
    John

Chisel And Bit
    Custom Crafted Furniture

Quote Originally Posted by John Fry
    Hello Blaine,

It's good to see you here. As a creek member for all of two days, let me welcome you, and as always, if you need anything shoot me a PM.

I registered on Saturday and there has been quite a bit of movement this weekend.
    Thanks John. Frankly, I've been lurking here on SMC for some time, but seeing your addition, as well as Mark's, made the sale for me.

I'll still visit Woodnet (Can I say that?) often as there are lots of great folks over there. I don't think there's a mass exodus for any specific reason, but it does have its ups and downs.

I've tried to download a picture of my most recent project.

For those who like ship-shop tours, you can see my dust collector sitting in the corner beside the bench.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. The overall friendliness is why I like woodworkers.

Blaine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the Creek.

Welcome to the Creek Blaine. I'm one of those drop by members, but always feel at home when I stop for a rest.

Brent

Welcome "home" Blaine

That is a great looking bench. Look forward to exchanging shop talk with you.