88 53.66%
  • Should we fire the Super Moderator

14 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Moderator Complaints Poll

I vote for this thread to close...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    .............and they don't revoke my double secret decoder ring and passwords, as well as the triple secret handshake......... whoops I was not suppose to mention that was I...........

There's a decoder ring AND a secret handshake???????? Boy, I had no idea......I guess I know where I stand out of the in crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    I vote for this thread to close...
    We could vote Bruce but I don't think this is a democracy............

Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    2763 views, but only 158 votes.
    And I'm one of the 158, Steve. Just waiting for the dust to settle a little (if it ever does).
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    I work on an average of 12 hours a day, that is 7 days a week average, so that is 84 hours a week, easy, which is double what most guys work...
    Don't sweat it: between the two of us we average out to "normal" working hours.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Wood Legend Guest
    Wonder when this thread will be locked?
    Last edited by Wood Legend; 08-21-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Now that all of you have issued the obligatory white paper defining your politically correct stance on ice cream preferences; work habits; and how you can vehmently dislike someone yet still engage them in discourse would you please return to the bickering, sniping, posturing, postulating, and other stuff.

This entire chain of threads has been far more entertaining than anything on TV.
    It was entertaining, but now, like Bruce said, it needs to be closed for all the circular arguments and the worst problem of all, it has become BORING.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

7. Yes, Stu. Your work ethic is as legendary as your output. Most of us have followed/read about it. Once or twice.

I think you missed my point, as well as my commendation of your aforementioned work ethic/output. In order to what, retell us about how hard you work? Like I said, I wish I had the energy and creative talent you display.

The little bit of criticsm was aimed to your oh so generaic labeling of certain, unnamed posters to this thread an or forum, labeling them as wasting time posting instead of woodworking. Which, I pointed out, you do here and elsewhere too.

We all interject recreation in some form--posting is but one way--into our lives. I'm not sure I would label others in such an inspecific, generic way. Especially if I do not know them. Even then, I'm not sure I would do so in a public space such as SMC.

This thread began by asking opinions concerning the moderation of Ken. Most posters have contributed their opinions. Myself included. So have I wasted time posting worthless opinion? Probably. But it is my time to waste, not yours.

Take care, Mike

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Arnold
    It was entertaining, but now, like Bruce said, it needs to be closed for all the circular arguments and the worst problem of all, it has become BORING.
    Then would a solution be not to read it?

I personally don't find any entertainment in this thread, despite some attempts at levity. I think it is a serious question which should generate serious responses.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Yes, Stu. Your work ethic is as legendary as your output. Most of us have followed/read about it. Once or twice.

I think you missed my point, as well as my commendation of your aforementioned work ethic/output. In order to what, retell us about how hard you work? Like I said, I wish I had the energy and creative talent you display.

The little bit of criticsm was aimed to your oh so generaic labeling of certain, unnamed posters to this thread an or forum, labeling them as wasting time posting instead of woodworking. Which, I pointed out, you do here and elsewhere too.

We all interject recreation in some form--posting is but one way--into our lives. I'm not sure I would label others in such an inspecific, generic way. Especially if I do not know them. Even then, I'm not sure I would do so in a public space such as SMC.

This thread began by asking opinions concerning the moderation of Ken. Most posters have contributed their opinions. Myself included. So have I wasted time posting worthless opinion? Probably. But it is my time to waste, not yours.

Take care, Mike
    Why not call him a few names and get it over with?

Adding fuel to the fire?

Hey look, a noob.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    This thread has now degenerated to personal attacks, work ethics, ice cream, and a personal playground for a select few (everything except the intentented subject matter).

With over 3,000 views, only 164 votes doesn't represent a very large sample of the members.

Seems like a wasted effort, except to provide entertainment.

Thread is now closed to further postings
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 08-21-2006 at 2:52 PM.