Thread: Replacement Plastic Bags for Single-stage DC

Replacement Plastic Bags for Single-stage DC

I just replaced the lower bag on my 50-760 for the first time, and I thought I might reuse it. Once I got it off, though, it seemed like too much trouble considering the mess it would cause in transferring the dust to another bag.

Are the bags on these collectors intended to be reused? Who out there does reuse (or toss) the bags on their DCs?

Also, Wynn Environmental has a 10 pack of 4 mil replacement bags for $12.00. Compared with Grizzly and Amazon, that seems like a good deal. The real question is: Is it OK to use 4 mil bags instead of the 6 mil bags that came with the unit?

Thanks for any help

I use a seperator (trash can 2 stage) on mine. I only let the bag get about 1/3 full. I have used the same bag probably 3 times now (came with 2 more). I don't get any large items get into it (only connect to machines). I use a shop vac if I am cleaning the floor.

I take the 1/3 full bag outside and put it in a trash can upside down. Then grab the bottom and slowly pull the bottom of the bag up. Still creates some dust but way less than if you poured it into the can. I then tape the empty bag to the ring and replace the clamp. Ready to go again. Not sure on the mil of the bags I have. They came with the filter kit I bought with the collector. I have a HF 2 hp unit.

Can be done, but much easier if the bag is not full.

I use the Construction Site Cleanup bags from Home Depot. They aren't as heavy as the "official" bottom bag, but I only had a problem once - entirely my fault (poking a finger through the full bag as I grabbed it carelessly).

I dump my trash can separator into far cheaper bags... the cheapest 30 gallon bags I can find.

I think I'm using the same bags as Charlie, they are 3 mil and as long as you don't get them full they work well, cheap enough so that at 3/4 full I just throw the whole bag away.

Another tip maybe..I use the refrigerator magnets with the clamp like on a clipboard to hold the bag while I attach it to the DC, works better than the little tangs that you spear the plastic with, three work fine and keep the bag stationary while you install the clamp.imho

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I use a trash can seperator on a JDS DC, like ben I empty it before it gets too full. I bought a pack of 6mil bottom bags with the machine but have been using the same bottom bag for over 3 years now, never even opened the new box.

Al, I like that magnet idea a lot, thanks for that suggestion.

I have a single stage DC connected to a SCMS and router table. I use the clear Penn State disposable bags. I bought a pack of 15 I believe and still have most of those.

I have found it just as easy to take the bag off.. walk to my compost pile.. empty it and put it back on. The current bad has been on for about 14 empties and still looks "good to go". As long as it remains that way.. it will be "good to go".

Sarge..

I use contractor grade bags from ace hardware. The 33 gallon ones seem to fit the best. I throw the whole bag in the garbage once a week on garbage day. I also am going through about 80 bd. ft. of lumber per week through the planer. Some weeks it's more, some less, but this method seems to keep me at about a half bag maximum for the garbage guy to handle.