Thread: Pewter Engravable"

Pewter Engravable"

Hi, hope you are all doing good today. Well, I have another question. We received samples from a company today, heart pendants (necklace), pewter, and a gold plated brass money clip. Does anyone know if these are "laser" engravable? He seems to think they are, any idea on what setting we should start with, do I use cermark or not? I know I am more than likey asking more than my quoto of questions.

Thanks to all.

J&Z
    Inscriptions Of The Heart
    Psalms 18:2

According to the manufacturer (Ferro) gold, silver, and pewter are cermarkable if not clearcoated.

As to whether the laser will mark them, I doubt it, but I still have not had any volunteers to send me gold or silver to experiment with.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

We did and we're not sure where to start with them, but I guess the only way to find out is get in there and give it a try. Thanks for your reply.

J&Z
    Psalsm 18:2