Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What a beautiful sight....

What a beautiful sight....

to see the creek back on my screen again.

Don't know what happened, but thanks for fixing it Aaron.

Kudo's to you folks that keep this place running!

Geez, it's good to be back!

Ahhh, my withdrawals are subsiding....and my recuperation can now continue...

Thanks Aaron...

I agree. Thanks Aaron for what must have been hard work in getting the site back up.

what was the problem? and can it happen again? good to see things back to normal! tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    what was the problem? and can it happen again? good to see things back to normal! tod
    I'll post this evening on the details.

Everything's okay--we had a couple of accounts impersonated, so I voluntarily took
    the board down while I wrote some scripts to clean up the mess, patch the holes,
    and finish my investigation.

In the meantime, I hope you all got some pens turned.

Hopefully, you can all still type between the twitching from the withdrawals.

_Aaron_
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Indeed, it is nice to see SMC rolling again. Aaron will post later relative to the reason the site has been down so long, but it was not hardware, and required a bit of cleanup on his part. This one can be blamed on nasty people and SMC was not the only woodworking related forum that was affected.

More later. In the mean time...talk about woodworking! Please!! I've had way too much of the adoption forums this week...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Indeed, it is nice to see SMC rolling again. Aaron will post later relative to the reason the site has been down so long, but it was not hardware, and required a bit of cleanup on his part. This one can be blamed on nasty people and SMC was not the only woodworking related forum that was affected.

More later. In the mean time...talk about woodworking! Please!! I've had way too much of the adoption forums this week...

And thanks Aaron.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Wow I am lost without the creek... I can't get anything done at work without it !!!!

Ben
    Still trying not to Take Life so Seriously !!

Thanks Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl

Everything's okay--we had a couple of accounts impersonated, so I voluntarily took
    the board down while I wrote some scripts to clean up the mess, patch the holes,

_Aaron_
    cool! i`ll try and make sence of "tech-speak" in the mornin`. glad you got things straightened out. thanks, tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

I saw some of the nefarious stuff go by, so when I saw things were down, I suspected Aaron needed to go on a search and destroy mission to get things patched up.

Perhaps this would be a good point to suggest that Creekers make sure their login password isn't something too easy for other people (and I use that term loosely) to figure out.

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Noles
    to see the creek back on my screen again.

Don't know what happened, but thanks for fixing it Aaron.
    AMEN!!, Brother!

Of course I sign on at work about 10 minutes before I leave. Will have to wait till I get home to read up and see what happened. It's nice to know the water is running again, though. Darn them beavers...Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl

_Aaron_
    So glad to see the creek back up and running. I can't help but wonder if this was related to the issue of a couple threads being hacked a couple of days ago. Seems a coincidence that just a little while after I posted the root cause of the problem in the support forum...SMC went bye bye!

Many thanks for your hard work in getting the kinks worked out!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Perhaps this would be a good point to suggest that Creekers make sure their login password isn't something too easy for other people (and I use that term loosely) to figure out.
    "Figuring out" didn't "figure in" to this incident. But I do agree that a stronger password is a good idea no matter what you are doing. Longer, upper and lower case and numbers all used makes for a better password.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...