Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Windows XP networking headache....

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wintle
    I basically have decided to purchase a D-Link DI 604 router and a dsl external modem. From what I have read the 604 is a good basic router suited for home/small office use. The modem will be a gnet model 2060.
    Thats the same router i have both hear in California and at my sons house in Arizona.

Well finally I have am setup with a router and external modem. It all seems to work properly and I was able to get rid of zonealarm since the router has a built in firewall. But in messing around with the previous setup I somehow did something to the TCP/IP stack and that will have to be repaired.

Question for Don Baer:
    In your DI-604 are you able to set the time and date? It seems not to be settable/working on my router although the router seems to work just fine otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wintle
    Well finally I have am setup with a router and external modem. It all seems to work properly and I was able to get rid of zonealarm since the router has a built in firewall. But in messing around with the previous setup I somehow did something to the TCP/IP stack and that will have to be repaired.

Question for Don Baer:
    In your DI-604 are you able to set the time and date? It seems not to be settable/working on my router although the router seems to work just fine otherwise.
    Charles,

yes. Go into your router setup and under tools theres a tab for tools. There is where you set the time and date.