Thread: From all of us at SMC

From all of us at SMC

YES! Ray was able to bring up our network today, our office was not damaged at all. Since we are in a shopping center we receieved priority for the restoration of power. At home the situation is not as good. We have no electrical power, phone lines or cable Internet. Our cell phones are working but not reliably yet.

Damage to our home was minimal, we lost lots of shingles, two trees and lots of limbs. Fortunately we had no water damage at all. Many of the people in our area were not as lucky, the damage is terrible. Power lines are down everywhere and many trees are laying on the lines. Lots of power polls are leaning, some at 45 degrees or more.

It could be as long as two weeks before we have all services restored. The good news is that we have a generator and it has made our situation at least tolerable. We have been alternating two hours on and two hours off to keep our refrigerator cold and to keep water flowing from our well. Meals are cooked on our gas grill and again we are very lucky. Many people lost all of the food due to the loss of power.

In a nutshell we were extremely fortunate. Tonight we visited the office at HRO so that everyone could check their email and get updates on school and business closings. Jackie will return to work tomorrow morning so she will visit SMC daily, the rest of us will not be as lucky.

I will post more information later as time permits, unfortunately it will most likely be days before I will see any response from everyone here at the Creek but we do appreciate your prayers and support and we are thankfull that we did not suffer the devastation that some of our neighbors experienced.

Thanks again to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    YES! Ray was able to bring up our network today, our office was not damaged at all. Since we are in a shopping center we receieved priority for the restoration of power. At home the situation is not as good. We have no electrical power, phone lines or cable Internet. Our cell phones are working but not reliably yet.

Damage to our home was minimal, we lost lots of shingles, two trees and lots of limbs. Fortunately we had no water damage at all. Many of the people in our area were not as lucky, the damage is terrible. Power lines are down everywhere and many trees are laying on the lines. Lots of power polls are leaning, some at 45 degrees or more.

It could be as long as two weeks before we have all services restored. The good news is that we have a generator and it has made our situation at least tolerable. We have been alternating two hours on and two hours off to keep our refrigerator cold and to keep water flowing from our well. Meals are cooked on our gas grill and again we are very lucky. Many people lost all of the food due to the loss of power.

In a nutshell we were extremely fortunate. Tonight we visited the office at HRO so that everyone could check their email and get updates on school and business closings. Jackie will return to work tomorrow morning so she will visit SMC daily, the rest of us will not be as lucky.

I will post more information later as time permits, unfortunately it will most likely be days before I will see any response from everyone here at the Creek but we do appreciate your prayers and support and we are thankfull that we did not suffer the devastation that some of our neighbors experienced.

Keith,

Glad you weren't hit too hard! Came back just in time, started to get the shakes. I like WC but it's no SMC!!!

Glad your back & OK.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    YES! Ray was able to bring up our network today, our office was not damaged at all. Since we are in a shopping center we receieved priority for the restoration of power. At home the situation is not as good.
    Glad you are all O.K. !
    I thought about you folks all weekend.

Bob

Thanks for the update Keith

I think we've all been real worried about you & yours. Thank God it wasn't as bad as it could have been for you. Hopefully the utilites & worst damage will be taken care of before too long.

Glad to have SMC back & real glad everyone's OK.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

I am glad to hear everyone is safe & well. You were in my thoughts.

Take care and be safe!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Cool Thank you!

I'm super-happy to get word from you "personally"! As others have said, I too have been suffering DT's without SMC being on line, but worse, the longer it stayed "off", the more worried I was about you folks. Glad to hear you and yours are OK. If there's anything we can do to help (via long-distance), don't hesitate to ask! Good luck with getting everything back in order and we'll keep prayin' for you!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks for the update! It is good to hear that you guys fared relatively well, but our thoughts and prayers remain for you and especially for those who were less fortunate.

BTW, when someone gets a chance (but not sooner) the chatroom is still down. But other things in your situation are far more important. So, no hurry.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Keith, Jackie and all,

So happy to hear everyone is alright and damage was not worse. You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts. The Creek is up and running sooner than I thought it would be, but I must admit, I have been checking on a regular basis.

Bob

From a Survivor

Having endured hurricanes more times than I like to remember, you have my deepest empathy. Hang in there. You'll be telling your grandchildren about it one day. Hopefully. this will be the only one to tell them about.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Glad the storm was not as bad for you as we had thought, but it still sounds like you have plenty of work to keep you busy. Nice to have SMC back. Keep us informed.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

Welcome Back! We missed you and thought of you often. The big storms certainly can create havoc. All the best in getting your lives back in order.
    Old age can be better than the alternative.

Glad you and your family are doing OK, and you made it through with only a small amount of property damage. Good luck riding out the loss of utilities.

I am very glad you an dyours came through ok. I am sorry for the property damage. I will keep you in my prayers as you dig out of the mess.

Roger

Keith, Jackie and everyone.....

Glad that damage was limited and all of you are well and ok. I guess now wouldn't be a good time to go "solar"?

Welcome back and thanks for getting SMC backup online.....Once LOML saw it back up, she let me out of my little rubber room...
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.