Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got some question and some comments!!

I've got some question and some comments!!

Hi Folks,

I’ve kind of been “out of the loop” for awhile as far as The Creek is concerned. There are a lot of reasons that I won’t bore you with but I missed Keith’s “sticky” post on items that involved financial issues.

The fact that Keith and Jackie even have to SUGGEST that some financial assistance would be much appreciated is absolutely APPALLING to me!!!

I KNOW that there are a lot of GREAT people on this forum and I assume that you are as generous as you are talented. Be that as it may, for those of you who have “forgotten” to support your best source of woodworking information, I have a few questions for you:

· When was the last time that you did NOT have a question answered by one of your fellow members??
    · If you are a professional/contractor/part-time fixit person/etc., how much money did your last mistake cost you?? Do you think that you could have saved that money if you had swallowed your pride and leaned on your friends at The Creek?
    · If you are an amateur like me, how many times have your fellow members bailed you out with their expert advice? Did your project turn out better or worse?
    · Have you been fortunate enough to gain a “friend” or “friends” as a result of being a member of The Creek? I have!! What is THAT worth to you?
    · How many times have your fellow Creekers found a reason to praise one of your projects and make you glow with pride? In reality, however, it was a piece of scrap that even your Mother didn’t want. It happens to ME every time I post a picture! This is called support, understanding, encouragement and just plain friendship!

On a slightly different note:
    · What did it cost you the last time that you filled your gas tank?
    · If you smoke (I’m REALLY trying to quit), how much did you spend on your last carton of cigarettes?
    · What are we paying for a twelve-pack these days?
    · What will a single steak dinner cost you?

C’mon folks, would YOU work for nothing? A person with Aaron’s technical skills should not be expected to contribute to our hobby without deserved compensation! Keith and Jackie should NEVER have to even SUGGEST that finances are a consideration in the maintenance of The Creek!

OK Mods, that’s MY rant for the evening. Don’t remind me. I already KNOW that I should be posting this on the OT Forum. I didn’t and I’m GLAD!!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

Aw Dale..............You put this in this forum just so one of the moderators would have to move it and they'd have to earn their wages!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Well put Dale!

I couldn't agree with you more Dale. I've found it all here at the Creek, advise, input, suggestions, support and some real good friendships....I'll gladly support again when my current sponsor runs out, it has been worth every penny!

C'mon Dale, quit beatin' around the bush and tell us what you really think!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    This is called support, understanding, encouragement and just plain friendship!

Now Dale.......Friendship is the spirit in shich I'm posting this. Please picture you and I standing on the banks of this here Saw Mill Creek. You and me, buddy and buddy.......and we're watching the sun set at the headwaters of the Creek.

Dale ol' buddy, you are one proud supporter of this forum. Nobody would ever or could ever dispute that fact. And we all hear what you're saying loud and clear. But...since you've been away, I'd like to let you know a couple of things. Since Keith posted the first post at the beginning of his thread, Many, many, many folks have ponied up and donated, including many brand spankin' new members who didn't even know anything about this donating stuff here at the Creek but bellied up to the bar and were thankful that they got the chance to.

Now I know that you are REALLY talking about haveing to mention it in the first place. Well, let's see if this doesn't make sense to you.

I know that you know that none of us here out in cyber-Creek land can hire or fire anyone up there at the headwaters of the Creek. When there are problems we "sometimes" hear/read what is trying to be done to get them fixed as fast they can. As far as I can tell and as far as I've read anywhere here at the Creek, we didn't know that Keith and Jackie were thinking about hiring Aaron to a full time position. It was volunteer and he did it willingly (I'm supposing ). Now that we've grown our banks the the level that they're at, and growing larger, Keith and Jackie saw fit to decide that we needed someone full -time. The obvious person would be Aaron. That's what Keith proposed and that's what we all donated for, some of us donating 2, 3, or even 4 times so far this year. Also, some folks would LOVE to donate but, for whatever reason, are just unable to do so right now.

So let's give some of these newer (and not so new) ones a break and give it some time for all of us to find out what needs to be done so we can do it. When our fearless leaders (and moderators) call, we come runnin'. But, we do have to hear a call. There is some stuff that we just don't know needs to be done until it's brought up.

Nice to hear from you again ol' buddy. There's lot's of good stuff going on here right now. Don't forget to find the thread about the new shirts and get your order in.

Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Loosen up

Yeah, Dale, stop being polite with all that "sugar coatin'" and tell us how you really feel...Based on your pursuasive post, I've decided to reduce my contribution Only kidding and well said even with all that sugar coating
    Jerry

Thanks to everyone who donated recently, we appreciate the continued support of our Members in an effort to keep the Creek a Member supported Woodworking Community.

It is unlikely that we will ever be able to afford Aaron as a full-time employee, our goal was just to be able to compensate Aaron at about $300.00 per month and we have received enough funds to do that until the end of this year.

Cheeeeeze Dale! I barely been back a couple of weeks and what do I find??? YOU!!!!

OK, I listened to your heart. I listened to yer big mouth. I listened to your spirit. Why did they ALL convict me to send in a contribution? I have never in my life on Sawmill Creek found you that united!

I know once in a while you "fringed on right". Sometimes you were "almost" right. Once in a while you were a "little bit" right. But never ever ever did you really cause me to sit up and take notice that what you said had real total valid CONTENT!

So, the lil woman is sending some dollas in to the place.

Of all people... I can't believe it is you... who convicted me... Well, they say the Lord works in mysterious ways...

Btw, Hi Dale! Welcome back!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Thompson
    Hi Folks,

I’ve kind of been “out of the loop” for awhile as far as The Creek is concerned. There are a lot of reasons that I won’t bore you with but I missed Keith’s “sticky” post on items that involved financial issues.

The fact that Keith and Jackie even have to SUGGEST that some financial assistance would be much appreciated is absolutely APPALLING to me!!!

I KNOW that there are a lot of GREAT people on this forum and I assume that you are as generous as you are talented. Be that as it may, for those of you who have “forgotten” to support your best source of woodworking information, I have a few questions for you:

· When was the last time that you did NOT have a question answered by one of your fellow members??
    · If you are a professional/contractor/part-time fixit person/etc., how much money did your last mistake cost you?? Do you think that you could have saved that money if you had swallowed your pride and leaned on your friends at The Creek?
    · If you are an amateur like me, how many times have your fellow members bailed you out with their expert advice? Did your project turn out better or worse?
    · Have you been fortunate enough to gain a “friend” or “friends” as a result of being a member of The Creek? I have!! What is THAT worth to you?
    · How many times have your fellow Creekers found a reason to praise one of your projects and make you glow with pride? In reality, however, it was a piece of scrap that even your Mother didn’t want. It happens to ME every time I post a picture! This is called support, understanding, encouragement and just plain friendship!

On a slightly different note:
    · What did it cost you the last time that you filled your gas tank?
    · If you smoke (I’m REALLY trying to quit), how much did you spend on your last carton of cigarettes?
    · What are we paying for a twelve-pack these days?
    · What will a single steak dinner cost you?

C’mon folks, would YOU work for nothing? A person with Aaron’s technical skills should not be expected to contribute to our hobby without deserved compensation! Keith and Jackie should NEVER have to even SUGGEST that finances are a consideration in the maintenance of The Creek!

OK Mods, that’s MY rant for the evening. Don’t remind me. I already KNOW that I should be posting this on the OT Forum. I didn’t and I’m GLAD!!

Dale T.

A point VERY well taken!

[QUOTE=Mark Rios.

So let's give some of these newer (and not so new) ones a break and give it some time for all of us to find out what needs to be done so we can do it. When our fearless leaders (and moderators) call, we come runnin'. But, we do have to hear a call. There is some stuff that we just don't know needs to be done until it's brought up.

Mark,
    You make a very good point and I totally agree with you. Anyway, I TOLD you that it was a rant and rants aren't SUPPOSED to be totally logical!!

Mark, please don't tell David and Ken about this. They still think that I am PERFECT!!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

The Proof of the Pudding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Aw Dale..............You put this in this forum just so one of the moderators would have to move it and they'd have to earn their wages!
    Ken,
    Even with their inflated wage and benefits package, they dropped the ball AGAIN and didn't switch Forums on me. It just goes to show you that money isn't everything. They were more interested in getting a dominant title and they GOT it. Everything else, such as job performance, is irrelevent!

Dale T.

C'mon Dale, quit beatin' around the bush and tell us what you really think!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    Yeah, Dale, stop being polite with all that "sugar coatin'" and tell us how you really feel
    Bruce and Jerry,
    I'm sorry for being such a wimp! I'm just one of those guys who is afraid to express an opinion for fear of being wrong, incomplete or politically incorrect! AHEM!!

PLEASE forgive me!

Dale T.

If you'd have read some of the previous posts, ya might have caught the one where its mentioned that maybe many don't know that funding is needed, nice post but a bit harsh I think.
    Those that know and don't add a taste is a different matter.

As a newbie I'd take a bit of offense at getting blamed for something I knew not about...btw, check was already in the mail from the last post on contributing....

Al just a thought....

Al.........You really have to take what Dale says with a grain of salt! I also find it handy to take what he says with a lot of beer too! The next day my head hurts and I don't pay any attention to what Dale said the day before!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Consider it salted.....

Al

Dale,
    OK! OK! OK! I just sent mine in for 2006. Boy, a guy can't get any sleep around here with all this racket?
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Rick