Thread: so I am wearing a red shirt today

so I am wearing a red shirt today

and somewhat ratty blue jeans: I am shopping at staples... sure enough. Someone walks up to me and asks where to find a Keyboard. I decide not to "play" that game, and show them my intended purchase.
    "Oh, sorry, thought you worked here"
    Ned

2B1ASK1

I don't care where I am at or what I am wearing I always get someone comming up and asking for help. It drives me crazy. Some people even get mad when I tell them that I don't work where ever I am.

Been there...had it happen. I guess some of us just look "retail" or something. Of course, in my case, the pony tail in an electronics store doesn't help...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

People kept coming over to my desk today and asking me questions like I worked there. Oh, different topic. Anyway, that happens to me from time to time. Usually people get embarrased when they realize I don't work there.

On a kind of related topic, when I was in high school I worked for a major Detroit area auto parts chain that, at the time, was family owned. The owner was in our store one busy Saturday and since I'd never seen him before and he seemed to be looking for something I asked if I could help him find anything. I guess I was a little embarrassed after he introduced himself. Then 15 minutes lather I walked up behind him and asked again. I must have been really embarassed that time, but he thanked me for helping customers. Unfortunately he saw fit to retire and the same chain is now owned by an even larger auto parts chain and the service has gone way down hill since.

I found it particularly humorous after the recent Best Buy debacle. If I were wearing khakis, sure...

Jim, I sure hear ya re the 'retail look'. I suppose I have an honest face (AE newman look is only temporary)
    Ned

2B1ASK1

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    A shopper couldn't get help at the borg, did the mistaken I.D. thing last week and I was ready to load some ply so we teamed up and helped each other. I think that's the way it should be. Always glad to share my vast source of useless information.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

funny nobody asks for my assistance as i stormtroop retail stores
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

I just reply; "Sorry..... I'm on my break"

Just kidding
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

at least there wasn't a swarm of folk in red shirts... like in Another thread...
    Ned

2B1ASK1