Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Page Issue Is Intolerable - Let's Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    WOW!!!! You're giving up your big buck salary AND beer money.

For me John...Salary ya...beer...no way.
    Ahhhhhh Glen....I concur with your sentiment! I still have some beer $$$ left but, I just don't spend it at the bar anymore! Sheeeeeesh...If I had all the money back that I left at the damn bars, this fund drive would be totally unnecessary; I could fund it solo, as well as get that Harley I'd love, a big 'ol Stubby lathe and any number of other "toys"!!! Had some fun (OK, had a LOT of fun!) but, in hindsight, load of dough literally "down the tubes"!!! (So nobody ever accused me of having too many brains!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Contribution sent. Thanks to Keith, Jackie and Aaron as well as all the moderators for all they do to keep this community going. I would not like to be without Sawmill Creek!!!!

Paypal contribution sent. Hope it helps keep this great site alive and well.

I sent across a donation - thanks for the wonderful web forum.

I really enjoy visiting this site. Im not one to post allot but the times I have the responces have been fairly quick and informative. Now I just have to convince the SWMBO to write a check and put it in the mail.

Thanks for all you do Kieth and Arron.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Keith,

The upper left side of the header says REGISTER for new members. The first screen asks for DOB. Why not have the first screen briefly explain how SMC is a member supported forum, and ask for donations. This may help solve the problem that seems evident by reading this “let’s talk” thread - as one member said : “...this is the first time I have heard a single word about the need...” New members may not donate at sign-up, but they will be aware of how this great forum is funded and may be more likely to donate in the future.

When I joined, last november, I had no idea why some members had “contributer” by their name - contributing content, not money, first came to mind. I’ve contributed 2 times since I joined, and I’ll send more - don’t change SMC - no ads! More PR about how members can support SMC.

There are many good suggestions in this thread, and a commitment by (some) members to pay for the knowledge offered, and the opportunity to share our opinions, praise, rants, good and bad times, etc. in a civil community.

For the non-contributers, duh .

I look forward to visiting this site every day, and it should be funded by proud members with contributer below their name, not Keith and company.

Larry

I'm in for a bit now and will continue to support later. Is the Creek a legit non profit? If so I can get matching funds as well from my employer. If we can't get you the fiber a little quicker at least I can get'em to help support a little.
    By the way I understand that the price for 30mb service has been dropped to about $79 a month.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I'm in for 2006. Keep up the good work.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Thanks!

I am an infrequent poster, but a very frequent visitor, lurker, consumer of information presented. I have sent my donation via PayPal, and THANKS to all who have any kind of support role in this fine organization!

Rodney

PayPal donation on the way as I hate blank pages and proud of my Saw Mill Creek hat. I receive more than I can give to the creek. Love the people on this forum; they really help us new woodworkers.
    Don

Keith,

Another PayPal payment sent. How could I NOT send an addtiional donation, given all the additional bandwidth my shop thread is taking up!

Thanks for the creek...and for not polluting it with advertisers...

- Marty -

Quote Originally Posted by John Shuk
    By the way I understand that the price for 30mb service has been dropped to about $79 a month.
    Only in certain markets...but the speeds have also doubled or increased in others...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well hey, we can't let a shortage of capital get in the way of a good idea.

PayPay on the way.

Several have suggested a reminder screen for regulars and an explaination screen for newbies. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for all you do to keep the Creek flowing.

Best regards, Tom, in Houston, hoping the fund raising sets another new record.
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

[quote=John Miliunas]Hey Keith, you do realize this means I won't be able to stop at the bar on my way home from work next week, don't you????

John won't give up my beer money but have 4 wood magazine sub's. One I don't read much will be dropped and those proceeds will go here instead. Got more info and learned more here than any magazine I have. Check is in the mail. Thanks again Keith, Jackie and Aaron.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

OK, I've been told I had a great time in the sixties, and I'll have to take their word for it, but that great time may part of the reason I don't seem to be able to figure out who to make the check out to.
    I did find the address, but unclear as to whom...???

Al who's still looking for all that free love he heard about....