Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ear and eye protection

I'm basically blind in one eye - born that way. I also wear glasses (er, a glass?). So, I'm paranoid about the vision thing. I like having it. I've found that wearing glasses, and the safety glasses over them plus ear muffs isn't very comfortable. Maybe if I had the strap type goggles, but I don't have a decent pair of those. And plus, these are for my wife, cuz as soon as I give her mine, I'll probably want them...

Dave, I'm 6'7" and weigh 230. My wife is 5'8. Imagine if I fall while she gets me down the stairs. She could get squished. Thus, the safety gear.

Paul, I have a set that looks like yours and like them a lot.
    Last edited by Gary Herrmann; 06-20-2006 at 7:36 PM.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann
    I'm basically blind in one eye - born that way. I also wear glasses (er, a glass?). So, I'm paranoid about the vision thing. I like having it.
    Gary, I have vision problems with one eye. It's still ok but may get worse, so I may wind up in your situation one day. Is it difficult to do woodworking with only one good eye?

Gary, IIRC it was about a year and a half ago. Someone posted a place that was closing out these combo units for like 25.00. I bought a set, and like them. Can't remember for the life of me who it was through, but do remember they were not going to carry them anymore. Try Woodworkers, maybe Lee Valley, or even Amazon. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Try Grainger's

or is it Granger?

They have lots of selection when it comes to that type of gear.

HTH
    Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

Try Grainger's

or is it Granger?

They have lots of selection when it comes to that type of gear.

HTH
    Howard
    Howard Rosenberg