Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Pens Financial Donations

Freedom Pens Financial Donations

Keith and I would like to thank everyone who has helped us through the last few years with the Freedom Pens Project. We are getting increasing numbers of people who would like to help us turn pens and need pen kits. Unfortunately, we are not getting much in the way of donations so far this year.

If you are able to help in any way, please send a PayPal donation to sales@freedompens.org or you can send a check to Freedom Pens Project, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072.

Let's keep this program going. It means so much to our service men and women.

Thanks for your support.

Jackie Outten
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-29-2007 at 7:45 AM.

Jackie, donation sent.

This is a worthy program, thanks for all that you do!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The only thing I know about turning pens is when I turn the barrel of one of my Cross pens to get ready to write. So, I ask this....

Is there a particular type(s) of wood that is preferred for pen blanks? Can any hardwood be used for this project? Does the wood have to be already cut to a certain pen blank size? Or can it be a big chunk of wood that can be cut into pen blanks?

This inquiring mind would like to know.

Thanks very much.

Edit: Another question If I may.........Why is the price of, say for example, a bocote pen blank .99 cents at one place and $4.99 at another?
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 06-19-2006 at 10:56 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Here I go!
    I sent!
    Last edited by Mark Singer; 06-19-2006 at 10:53 PM.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Thank you Bruce Page and Mark Singer (moderator)

Jackie

I'm sorry. I haven't donated (yet). Please see my thread in the turning forum.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...757#post383757
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    The only thing I know about turning pens is when I turn the barrel of one of my Cross pens to get ready to write. So, I ask this....

Is there a particular type(s) of wood that is preferred for pen blanks? Can any hardwood be used for this project? Does the wood have to be already cut to a certain pen blank size? Or can it be a big chunk of wood that can be cut into pen blanks?

This inquiring mind would like to know.

Thanks very much.

Edit: Another question If I may.........Why is the price of, say for example, a bocote pen blank .99 cents at one place and $4.99 at another?
    Mark, I think Jackie would prefer a cash donation. I'm fairly sure she can get the pen blanks and assorted parts cheaper than we can.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Jackie
    I have two questions

1. are the donations tax deductable???

2. do you accept paypal

ken
    slippery rock, pa

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Hertzog
    Jackie
    I have two questions

1. are the donations tax deductable???

2. do you accept paypal

ken
    slippery rock, pa
    I can't answer #1, but #2 is yes, send it to sales@freedompens.org

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Done deal, thanks for reminding me of the need.

Wes

Thumbs up

Done deal. It ain't much but, every little bit helps! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be a part of this!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Jackie,

Done and thank you for all you do.

Kenneth, the donation is tax deductible. The Freedom Pens Project is an IRS certified Non-Profit Organization.

Thanks to Carl Eyman, Bob Noles, John Miliunas, Wes Bischel, Mark Singer and Ken Garlock for the donations. I really appreciate your help.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie. I've got a couple of dozen pens ready to ship and eighteen more blanks glued and tubed ready to turn. Do you want them shipped to the same address as in your message? I seem to remember a different shipping address, but can't find it now. I'll send you a donation along with the pens when I know for sure where to send the pens. I really hope we can keep the project going.

This project is very dear to me. I wouldn't want any of the troops in Iraq or Afghanistan to go through what I did when I got home from Vietnam and and out of the Army in 1969. I well remember reading about the protests in the LA Times I had mailed to me in Vietnam. Consequently I was somewhat prepared for the downright vicious reception I got from so many former friends when I got home, but had no idea how intense uninformed hatred could be. A small token of appreciation will do more to boost morale for our brave young men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan than most can imagine unless they've been in a similar situation. During that trying 14 months in Vietnam, for me anyway, any kind of gift from someone in the United States was treasured, no matter how small. It was a piece of home.

Bob Altig
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will finally know peace.

Hi Bob,

Having served in the military yourself and knowing what a gift from home means is a large part of the reason this project means so much to you and to those of us who are trying to keep it going.

Our troops provide us with the opportunity to feel safe and comfortable in our homes by protecting our freedom here and abroad. I can't think of any amount of money that could compensate them for their service. It is very important that we do what we can to remind them how grateful we are for their service. A Freedom Pen is a token of our appreciation and respect for their efforts.

Let's keep this project going. What do you say?

All completed pens can be sent to Freedom Pens Project, 8770 Little England Road, Hayes, VA 23072.

Jackie