Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Best Papa"...at least for today...

"Best Papa"...at least for today...

Well, the new play gym, despite a brief rain-delay, was successfully installed just as the bus, err...big yellow limo...pulled up at 4:20p this afternoon. Strangely, nobody noticed anything, even though the installer's truck was still present, until I suggested that the girls turn around and "look up on the hill". (Nastia was too busy playing to the video camera... )

At any rate, the squealing knocked out any dogs within five miles and I was nominated as the "best papa" (at least for now), including hugs and actual kisses. (Hopefully, mama will receive a similar award...)

Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

happy munchkins, what makes the world go round! nice job jim!
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Most excellent Papa!! That looks like it will help burn off a LOT of energy! It looks like it is actually fairly compact - yet with a ton of different activities. Which set did you go with?

Wes

Great looking set Jim. It's quite obvious it is a big hit with the girls.

I like that you took the time to prep the area for a playset. It will certainly help diminish any spills that may occur.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Ain't that nice!!! Way to go, Daddy!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Way to go, Dad!
    Only the Blue Roads

Jim, you got two real happy girls there, you and ma done good.

That's a REALLY cool Play Gym! All sorts of neat stuff to do. I think the faces in the pictures say it all. Great folks, and 2 beautiful, happy kid's.................that's what it's all about Jim. Now, we need a few pictures of Mama and Papa enjoying the Play Gym too!

Great pics Papa jim. Is that a Rainbow system?

Looks like all redwood.

Joe

Very cool, Jim. The playset looks like one of those items that would be a lot of fun to design and build, but it'd cost more and take lots longer than just calling up the guys who do it every day. Plus, the little munchkins don't have to endure a weekend or two of watching the thing get built. I'll bet the look on their faces was priceless when they discovered it (after it magically appeared during school).

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux
    Is that a Rainbow system? Looks like all redwood.
    Joe (and Wes)...yes, Rainbow Play Systems. This is the so-called "Carnival Castle II" package. It's very similar to their premium component designs, but sold pre-engineered and kitted at a more palatable (yet still expensive...) price. All redwood and cedar--smells great!...NO pressure treated. Lifetime warranty. For size reference, the area with the wood chips is 19' x 35'. There is a slight slop and the thing went together nicely in spite of it...the castle needs to be level and everything else falls in line from there. While I would have loved to build something like this as the margins are "up there" for the seller, I just don't have the time to do so...so I bought. The installers were great and I know they enjoyed the treat of the "squealing" when the girls arrived home. They bolted too fast due to the rain, however...I never got to tip them for working in the rain to have it done before the bus arrived.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 06-09-2006 at 10:26 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This has to be one of the best gloats ever posted! Enjoy each and every moment (for some reason I'm sure you already are), it'll seem like 4 months from this one when they ask for the car keys...
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Lifetime warranty.
    And I'm sure no one has to collect on this. I just went to take one down in Houston. It was sitting under a canopy of trees, right down on moist gumbo, and in this humidity... 14 years old and solid as a rock. The wood had swollen around the bolts and that thing is not coming down without a chainsaw.

Way to go Jim. You did good.

Ernie

Way to go, Jim!!! Two very happy little girls, though I can't help but wonder how many other happy little kids from the "hood" are going to now adopt you and mama as "part time" parents???!!!! That's great, my friend!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Stratton
    This has to be one of the best gloats ever posted! Enjoy each and every moment (for some reason I'm sure you already are), it'll seem like 4 months from this one when they ask for the car keys...
    What a great Dad! Like Barry said, enjoy every moment because time flies when kids are growing up.