Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message from the Ministry of Abysseration

Dang it, Drew, you just never quit, do 'ya??? Hey, but where's the pictures of your little adventure??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

As you might imagine, I've been engaged in a massive amount of Private Messaging during this drive. I thoroughly respect the notion of privacy, but I'm sharing this one with everyone because I'm especially pleased by it. The name of my correspondee has been changed for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey Slackton
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Peavey - I just received your $20 donation in the mail for our lathe drive.

Thanks, bro. This means a lot!

And while not stipulated in the "double dog dare rules" I've decided to match your 20 with another twenty.

Things will be moving soon!

Thanks, Andy Hoyt
    My pleasure Andy, even though I'm basicly a flatlander I really enjoy visiting the turners forum because of the feeling of it being such a close-knit community.......As far as matching my contribution that's your call, but don't over do it because I'm sure there will probably be another "victim" before too long, if I know you guys.
    Only the Blue Roads

I'm telling you.....I know from experience......they don't get much better than Creekers! Even when they "bomb" you .......you almost feel grateful!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    I'm telling you.....I know from experience......they don't get much better than Creekers! Even when they "bomb" you .......you almost feel grateful!
    You tried to sneak it past, but I saw that "almost".

So...how much have you spent since you got your "free" lathe?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Why do you think I joined the "double dippers" once Andy made that offer? I'm just trying to get some revenge!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Don't have PP but I guess I can pump the till one more time
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Hey abysseraters.... I would say 'we' but since I'm a flatworker it really isn't appropriate. I had a thought, what about getting a care package with some turning stock prepared and then coordinate with Andy on when and where to send it in lieu of, or in addition to any funding donation?
    Ned

2B1ASK1

So how's the lathe kitty diong?
    Need more funds?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    So how's the lathe kitty doing?
    Need more funds?
    We're in great shape, Steve. So great in fact that the "movement" of our purchasing effort will begin its cross country move next Thursday.

But, since we all know how deep into your pocketbook the Abyss goes (and the past three and a half days have doubly - yet happily - reinforced that notion to me) I see no reason to shut this down just yet. The more we can amass for our friend, the better off she (or he) will be.

But Ned brings up a good point. If money is in short supply, but excess tools, acessories, or turning stock are not; I'm sure those would be most welcome donations too. But don't send them to me. Wait until our Abyssee is identified and then shoot the stuff his/her/its way.
    Only the Blue Roads

Blog Entries
    This is soo cool, this is first time since I've been at the Creek that I've been able to be a part of one of these and I think it is just awsome. No better way to shove some poor unsuspecting sole over the edge, their life will never be the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

We're in great shape, Steve. So great in fact that the "movement" of our purchasing effort will begin its cross country move next Thursday.

But, since we all know how deep into your pocketbook the Abyss goes (and the past three and a half days have doubly - yet happily - reinforced that notion to me) I see no reason to shut this down just yet. The more we can amass for our friend, the better off she (or he) will be.

But Ned brings up a good point. If money is in short supply, but excess tools, acessories, or turning stock are not; I'm sure those would be most welcome donations too. But don't send them to me. Wait until our Abyssee is identified and then shoot the stuff his/her/its way.
    PM sent Andy

To a wholly abysmal undertaking!

Andy,
    Only after much deliberation have I decided to support this scurrilous plot that will cause yet another sole to lose traction on firm level ground and helplessly begin the long descent into the swirling abyss of turners.

Fitz, whom you formerly “bombed”, is still a very fine fellow, and has been turning increasing nice pieces. Quite a number of other Creekers who have not been shoved over the edge, but have nonetheless recently succumbed to the eternal inbreath (yes, read “suck”), of the void, are likewise developing quite nicely as turners.

I must confess to appreciating turnings, especially vessels (tho Ken’s bonker has admirable qualities from its contra sexual position), and I am grateful that I can see new and exciting works produced by seasoned and novice Creekers alike without having to actually descend that slope myself.

So Andy, and I’m sure this sounds selfish, I am willing to allow (ok, to help), another fall that I may remain on solid ground.

That you matched my modest donation even tho I didn’t punch it through pay-pal until ten minutes after the deadline you set-up, may cause me to retract some of the bad things I’ve said about you, depending on the outcome of this “fun”…we’ll see.

Respectfully,
    Frank,
    Of the arched but solidly planted feet.
    Last edited by Frank Chaffee; 06-19-2006 at 8:23 PM.

The name of my correspondee has been changed for obvious reasons.
    Well I am gonna rule out Larry Merlau because there isn't a mispeld wurd ennywherz in thet post.

I think it's rather amazing that this thread has lasted this long without a single picture posted in it.

Anyone want to see a shot of what the principle component of the abysserables looks like?
    Only the Blue Roads

I think it's rather amazing that this thread has lasted this long without a single picture posted in it.

Anyone want to see a shot of what the principle component of the abysserables looks like?
    Would it be alright if I didn't answer that question?