Thread: Dovetail Jig storage cabinet (PICS)

Dovetail Jig storage cabinet (PICS)

A while back, I was visiting over on WoodNet and someone posted a request for pictures of a dovetail jig storage cabinet. I had never heard of one until then. After viewing the thread, I found a really nice model posted by Steve in MA. I asked if he minded that I copy his design and he gave me the approval to do so. I want to make sure he gets the credit for the design as I would never steal someone else's idea on purpose. This is a really nice way to keep all your components together and provide a clamp on cabinet to work from about any surface.

Total time was probably 3 hours or less in between other household projects during the week. Made from borg type pine, finished with Minwax Golden Oak stain and several coats of satin wipe on poly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Bob!

That is going to be real handy and looks good also. The only problem is ------- what were you doing over at "that other place"? I do not think that is allowed.

I hope that you are not banished from here as I always enjoy what you have to share.

I like your saying at the bottom of your post. If it is OK I am going to send that on to friends. We all feel that way sometimes. I will use quotes and list your name. That way all of my friends will say "Man, he sure knows a lot of guys with neat stuff to say".

Allen
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 05-29-2006 at 9:07 AM.

what?!? no dovetails on the dovetail jig storage box? just kidding... looks like it'll work real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic
    what?!? no dovetails on the dovetail jig storage box?

I knew something was wrong but could not figure it out. Frank's right. NO DOVETAILS! That's two.

Allen
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 05-28-2006 at 10:39 PM.

I like it. I tend to go for the "bomb explosion" method of storage, and any idea that can help me stay organized is a definite winner.

It may not be your design Bob, but take credit for the good work ya' did.

Thanks for the comments y'all. Yes, the dovetails are missing on the project, but wanted to keep it fast and simple (get-er-done style).

Alan, you are too funny Hey.... I can't take credit for the sig line as I'm sure I borrowed (stole) it somewhere.... just can't remember where
    Last edited by Bob Noles; 05-29-2006 at 10:02 AM.

OK Bob,
    Nice work;BUT-We all need to make one,so as long as Steve gave the OK-What are the details,dimentions,ect? Thanks for sharing.
    I haven't taken mine out of the box yet,except to look it over, so this could be my BIG motivation!
    John........got the tools-no time to use them.
    NOTHING beats a failure,but a try.
    -------------------------------------------
    Have a Blessed Day,

JMC

John,

I really don't know the dimentions as I just took his pictures out to the shop and built the thing around the jig and components as required. It was pretty simple and a fun little project.

I'll be working in the shop some today so I will measure it for you and report back later today.

Thanks for the compliments, I think it is really a neat idea. The back slides up in and down in dados to allow access to the accessories.

Very nice. Like the way it elevates the jig a little higher over the worktop so easier to do the routing. Nice job but BTW, where are the dovetails?!
    Jerry