Thread: brusso hardware

brusso hardware

Hey everybody,It's been awhile, I hope all is well with you guys!I'm thinking of using some brusso hardware on a jewlry box project. It looks like real nice stuff but abit pricey. Have any of you tried his products,is it worth the $$ ?? thanks in advance, Everett

Everett, I have used several different types of Brusso hinges. The back mount 90 degree stop hinges and the 90 degree case hinges and the quadrant hinges. Hard to beat for quality particularly if the piece is destined to become an heirloom. Expensive, yes; good, also yes!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

If you opt to buy the hinges, I have a piece of advice. While you are fitting the hinges, do not use the screws provided. Use similar screws until you are satisfied with the fit, THEN when you are ready for the final install, use the supplied screws. The supplied screws are brass, soft and beautiful. I've ruined a few screws before I figured this one out. Good luck.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Bryon has a good point, brass screws are very soft.

If you are making utility boxes forget about the Brusso hardware. If you plan on making a high quality items, why scrimp on this item.
    Last edited by Corvin Alstot; 05-28-2006 at 11:43 PM.

the brusso stuff really makes the piece special

lou

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Trantham
    If you opt to buy the hinges, I have a piece of advice. While you are fitting the hinges, do not use the screws provided. Use similar screws until you are satisfied with the fit, THEN when you are ready for the final install, use the supplied screws. The supplied screws are brass, soft and beautiful. I've ruined a few screws before I figured this one out. Good luck.
    Byron that's very good advise and I wish I had though ot it when I built a blanket chest for my daughter Kathleen a few years ago. I wrecked all the original screws then had trouble obtaining suitable replacements.

Oh yes, I did use Brusso hinges and a latch and they still look great after years of heavy use.
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 05-28-2006 at 9:37 PM.

On Fine cabinets I only use Brusso...or ave them custom made...The Knife hinges are the best commercially available...IMHO
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"