Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Were leaving at noon west coast time for Phoenix area. Gonna spend the weekend spoiling my grandaughter. Also going to check progress of the builder on site prep work for our new house. Looking forword to just doing almost nothing. I will be setting up my table saw in my sons garage (my temp shop) so I guess that can be considered shop time..

Hope everyone has a great weekend and like others have said don't forget the vets on monday.

011181054_sprd.jpg

Going to be building this bench. Sorry, its the only pic I could get.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Gonna assemble and try out my new GO1023SLX cabinet saw.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

I'm starting out by helping a buddy spead 60 yds. of dolomite on his driveway. Then I've got a bunch of gardens to till ($$$$$$). Then it must be pool opening day in MI. Grandchildren on Sunday. Maybe I'll get back to the shop by Tuesday.

Wow, what 2 years of living in Florida will do, almost forgot that Memorial Day is begining of pool season.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffelt
    I know cry me a river, but leaving Saturday for a week in Hawaii with the wife. She has to go over for business on Memorial day, so I am going as a tag along spouse. Though she has to work Monday, the rest of the week we are free to play. I guess I'll have to see if I can get on a golf course Monday for a round. We'll be on Oahu the whole week, but I know there will be plenty for us to do and see. It will be kind of neat being over there for Memorial weekend and seeing Pearl Harbor and such. I was in DC this week for work and spent some time walking around some of the sights, got to see the WWII and Vietnam monuments, very impressive yet humbling.
    Somebody's got to do it...Poor guy
    Jerry

Saturday early, watching Nascar Truck race
    Saturday evening, watching Nascar Busch race
    Sunday early (west coast advantage), watching Indy
    Sunday evening, watching Nascar Nextel cup race
    Monday...recovering from all that race watchin!

Doug

Got my VFD today so I'll be hooking that up. Also going to hit a nearby flea market and have a cookout.

Fun Weekend

This weekend we are going to Austin Texas, and will hang out there until Wednesday. My wife is attending the NISOD coference and is receiving an award for her efforts in her educational institution. Aside from that I am going to attempt to avoid anything that vaguely resembles work; find a brew pub and a good cigar store and relax. Have fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    A little shop time. Home remuttling a little boat work. A couple of dates.....With real ladies.... One wears a thong DAMHIKT
    Tyler, kind of a stealth gloat their, remember no pictures it didn't happen !!

Gonna be packing this weekend, Monday the LOML and I will be headed to Alaska for two weeks, First five days doing the land tour thing with various things planned then board a ship for the southbound cruise.......pictures to follow!!

Be out of touch for awhile everyone be safe and make enough sawdust for me!!
    David

Shop-wise this weekend I plan to turn a few pens (did my first one last night), get a few more coats of lacquer on a "cherry wave" trinket box that's already sold (pending finishing), and hopefully get a set of cutting boards that was ordered a couple months ago put together.

I also plan to attack our back yard hillside with the weed whacker to knock down the foxtails that have come up since the last whacking and get my new back yard arbor into its final location. Then, if I completely run out of fun stuff to do, I guess I'll just spend some time with my new bride. (If she reads this, I'm a dead man walking.)

Have a good, fun, and safe weekend. Don't drink and drive.

- Vaughn

Not near as exciting as Tyler's.... Work more on the Scrap Box end tables, hang a couple of by-doors I fixed, clean/stack more of the deck boards I got, see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong on the 4212 jig....some more T&G in the closet and more cutting for a couple of Japanese lamps. The garden will get some attention too. Oh...FAXing a kitchen diagram and specs for a granite counter-top job in our kitchen!

redoing the laundry room

picked up some nice cabinets on Freecycle this week , going to modify them to fit the laundry room. Went to a DEMO sale yesterday for a house thats being torn down and bought a laundry sink in a cabinet . need to go un-install that tommorrow . then install it and the other cabinets

14. Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    Got my VFD today so I'll be hooking that up. Also going to hit a nearby flea market and have a cookout.
    Must grow them fleas nice and big up near you to be able to have a cook out...........

Look forward to see the lathe all done Matt!

the end is near

I am going to finish kitchen cabinets #23 and #24 and then enjoy the rest of the fine Wisconsin weekend. I finally finished the large corner cabinet today and it turned out better than the first one I built (I see why Norm makes it look easy after you build a "prototype")