Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I.D. help please.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lewis
    But he's only got it half right. I have it on good authority that the correct phrase is:
    "Yes dear, anything you say dear."

BTW, I still say it's shrubbery...
    That's funny. I worked PT with a guy once who was celebrating his 40th wedding anniversary. We asked him "how". He simply said you need to always say 3 things: 1) Yes dear. 2) You're right. 3) I'm sorry. He quickly added that you don't necessarily have to mean all or any combination of the above but, it is important to say it!!!

BUSH!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    Thanks guys!

Hawthorne does ring a bell now that you guys mention it. It hasn't gotten any flowers yet and has been in the ground here since '99 so it may require more time.
    Your welcome Steve. Hawthorne Trees do flower, but the blossom is small, and interspersed with the newely opened foliage, so they are not very "showy". They do however have a wonderful scent.........the bees love 'em. (Hawthorne is a member of the Rose family, Crataegus).

Thanks for the additional info.

So if it is a member of the rose family Frank is way off on his identification of it as a Subbliminus Arborspinnerous

An amazing thing about the creek...put a question out there and you almost always get a answer, even better when it is a correct one....poison ivy.....sheesh

One word: BUSH!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    One word: BUSH!!!
    I'm not gonna say it....nope I am gonna behave....it's a family forum...this is killing me....

Aw come on you can say it Steve, ... SHRUBBERY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gerstenecker
    Steve, your plant is a Hawthorne, most likely Washington Hawthorne from the appearance of the leaves. These get really nasty, long thorns that love to puncture tires and your skin. They make a great hedge, and have decent fall color and a red berry the birds like. When I was a kid, a neighbor lady had these surrounding her backyard, to keep the kids from cutting across her lawn. Ya know...........it WORKED!
    How big are the berries on a hawthorne? The &$%#& hedge we have has deep red berries the size of a small plum. I'm wondering if our shrubs might be some type of hawthorne. The birds like to eat the berries, as it makes their windshield bombs much more colorful.

Regarding my new sig line, during the toast at the wedding, my Best Man (who'd been married to my sis for about 30 years) pointed out these facts:

When she says "I'd like to know what you think", she doesn't.
    When she says "Do whatever you want", don't.
    When she says "It's fine", it's not.

There's a whole boatload of similar female translations out there.

- Vaughn

Talking I.D. help please.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Regarding my new sig line, during the toast at the wedding, my Best Man (who'd been married to my sis for about 30 years) pointed out these facts:

- Vaughn
    I'm on year 31 now, and I'd like to clarify that.

When she says "I'd like to know what you think", she does want to know, but what you think better be what she thinks or there will be trouble.

When she says "Do whatever you want", don't. Agreed.

When she says "It's fine", it's not. Agreed.

How did we get to this from identifying a bush?

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

How big are the berries on a hawthorne? The &$%#& hedge we have has deep red berries the size of a small plum. I'm wondering if our shrubs might be some type of hawthorne. The birds like to eat the berries, as it makes their windshield bombs much more colorful.
    Vaughn, Hawthorne Berries are about the size of a large Pea, and red in color. As far as the thing about female translations..................you ain't gettin' ME to go there. The Wifey may see this, and I get into enough trouble by meself!

• That shure is a real nice BUSH!!
    Jerry

- Vaughn

I am on my third marriage, the other two did not end by a death but darn near.
    The wife is always right even if she is wrong she is right AND DONT' ever forget it .

Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

12. Nice bushy shrub you got there Steve, bet you could get some pens out of it

The most important bit I've learned in 12+ years of marrige are the things you DON'T say.

Yes, bitting you tounge till it hurts is worth it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    Nice bushy shrub you got there Steve, bet you could get some pens out of it

The most important bit I've learned in 12+ years of marrige are the things you DON'T say.

Yes, bitting you tounge till it hurts is worth it.

Cheers!
    25+ years over here! Bet my tongue hurts twice as much as yours!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas