Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advance Notice - Neander only drawing

Advance Notice - Neander only drawing

Due to the interest in the little veneer saw I posted, Mike Wenzloff and Jr Strasil are co-conspirators in offering a drawing for a Small Veneer Frame Saw on (date to be decided on), Blade by MIke, Frame and Tensioning Hardware by Jr.

This Saw will not be of exotic woods, just an exotic blade and a working mans saw of Native Black Walnut and Oak, with hand forged Hardware.

Restricted to Neanderthal Haven posters who use mainly hand tools and who are Registered Members of Saw Mill Creek as of May 15, 2006.

Winner will be Responsible for Postage.

Participants in the drawing will be Required to Enter the Drawing by (a means yet to be decided).
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

I'm in; where do I sign!
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Sounds like a great drawing. I use a combination of power and hand tools. Do I quality? Here is a chair that I made. The only power tool was the chain saw to cut down the trees. Even split out the ash for the seat. I use them when I go French and Indian War Re-enacting.
    Ladder-back-full.jpg Ladder-back-seat.jpg

Sign me up.

When I first read the posting, I thought plans (a drawing) for the saw were being offered so that we could make our own. Since only one person can win, and I never win anything, I wouldn't mind actually being able to get a set of drawings, if they're available, as a consolation prize.

Mike

The post was just a little advance warning of what we are up to. Notice will be given of when and where to sign up after the saw is made and Mike gets a chance to fine tune the blade and try it. When it is finished and tuned pictures will be posted and the sign up frenzy can start. Mike may be a little perplexed as he as a co-maker is not elligible. We still have some things to work out yet.

please be patient fellow neanders. Thank you
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

I'm in too, as soon as y'all are ready. I was asking about resawing by hand and I have the perfect project for it.

(Heck, I'd buy one, you know?)

i`d like to be in? but i too burn electrons. tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Talking

Count me in on that one, but like Michael said above since we cannot all be winners a drawing would be nice, along with some methodology or whatever it is you call instructions.

On the Blacksmith site I do BluePrints ( a step by step procedure with pictures), I can do that here to I guess.
    Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by John Timberlake
    Sounds like a great drawing. I use a combination of power and hand tools. Do I quality? Here is a chair that I made. The only power tool was the chain saw to cut down the trees. Even split out the ash for the seat. I use them when I go French and Indian War Re-enacting.
    Ladder-back-full.jpg Ladder-back-seat.jpg
    John,

Are you going to make it to Vincennes next weekend? Is it any good?

Do you know Tony "Jean Baptist" Gerard? aka Snake?

I used to do the Mountain Man thing, but then I got married. I need to get back into it.

I might stop in at Vincennes if the weather is not too bad.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil
    Due to the interest in the little veneer saw I posted, Mike Wenzloff and Jr Strasil are co-conspirators in offering a drawing for a Small Veneer Frame Saw on (date to be decided on), Blade by MIke, Frame and Tensioning Hardware by Jr.

This Saw will not be of exotic woods, just an exotic blade and a working mans saw of Native Black Walnut and Oak, with hand forged Hardware.

Restricted to Neanderthal Haven posters who use mainly hand tools and who are Registered Members of Saw Mill Creek as of May 15, 2006.

Winner will be Responsible for Postage.

Participants in the drawing will be Required to Enter the Drawing by (a means yet to be decided).

Harry,

At SMC we have never excluded any member from a drawing. If this policy is to be changed then it should be the majority of our Members who make the decision. Allowing special groups to initiate their own drawings could cause hard feelings amoung other groups which has always been a major concern here at The Creek. Even the creation of new Forums has seen lots of active discussion with concerns expressed over splitting our Members.

You may want to bring this up for general discussion before you move forward.

Keith, Harry,

I certainly understand the reasons for the existing policy. That said, the saw Harry and Mike are offering would be of little interest to anyone except a neander. It would be nice to see it go to someone who has an interest in it and would likely use it.

Rather than try to change the policy, perhaps Harry can announce that a drawing will be held somewhere else (Harry, do you have a web site?), and people need to go there to submit their name for the drawing.

Mike

13. Harry, we can do this perhaps on Roger's site. I'll pop him an email.

Mike

14. I just contact Roger, Harry.

We will let y'all know soon what will be of a drawing, and where.

Take care, Mike

Sounds Ok to me Mike, Roger is a good fellow and has a nice site.
    Jr.