Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch 1617EVS rusting badly-help

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Laliberte
    Alan,

I'm not sure exactly what the coat was, but I believe that it may have plated on. I do remember that it was tough. I also know that after they added it the number of complaints about this issue dropped.

Eric
    Eric, Thanks for the info. Now back to sanding. Alan in Md.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

David,

Let me know if it works out. Mine is close to a couple years old as well.
    Jay St. Peter

I have just aquired a 1617EVS used for $25.00 in good condition. Only thing is it is missing collets, wrenches and adapter. If anyone has an old broken down 1617 collecting saw dust under the work bench I would be happy to take it off your hands. Please email me at
    steven_mendes@hotmail.com
    Thanks,
    Steve

Thumbs up Corrosion Covered Under Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by JayStPeter
    David,

Let me know if it works out. Mine is close to a couple years old as well.
    Great news. I just picked up my 1617 from the local Bosch repair center, and the router looks almost brand new. They covered the repair no questions asked for no charge (freebie). Thanks all for the heads up on the repair, and thanks Bosch for taking care of it.

Happy Camper LaRue

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by David LaRue
    Great news. I just picked up my 1617 from the local Bosch repair center, and the router looks almost brand new. They covered the repair no questions asked for no charge (freebie). Thanks all for the heads up on the repair, and thanks Bosch for taking care of it.

Happy Camper LaRue
    David, what exactly did the repair shop do to fix it? Did they replace the housing or just polish it up? If they just cleaned it up, it seems to me that your corrosion problem will return.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    David, what exactly did the repair shop do to fix it? Did they replace the housing or just polish it up? If they just cleaned it up, it seems to me that your corrosion problem will return.

I assume that they replaced the housing. Since there are witness marks on the screws, and no scratches on the housing (which I had from moving it up and down in the bases).

I had previously tried polishing it and spraying it with lacquer, but the corrosion did return. Hopefully, the corrosion will not return again.

Dave

Bosch router problem solved with your help

and Ellis at Wood Central. Bosch came through and replaced the motor housing on my router. Thanks to all here for your help and I'll post how this motor case does as time goes by. Thank you Bosch and Chris Carlson for your help. Alan in Md.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.