Thread: Yup, you guys were right! (table top)

Mike Schwing Guest

Yup, you guys were right! (table top)

Looks like a proper table now. I shortened it up to the same overhang as the front/back and put a decent chamfer on the bottom. Looks much more proportional, thank you all. I didn't mess with the apron width, it'll have to live on that way. She looks pretty good with one coat of Watco so far.

This was a very cool quick project for me - finished with only hand tools, no sandpaper at all.

Turned out very nice, Mike! That sure is some pretty looking wood, too! Bet the old owner (of the wood) will be very pleased with his beautiful gift and your great workmanship!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Looks great. Thanks for taking the advice/feedback in the positive manner in which it was intended. Also, thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I'll be watching to see how the barn owner reacts. I gotta think they'll really love it.

Mike, only you could appreciate this . . . I'm very much looking forward to a trip back to MD in mid September. I'm taking my oldest boy (age 8). The itenary looks like this fly in Saturday AM - head over to Kent Island (maybe St. Michaels) for some crabs. Visit some friends Saturday night. Ravens v Browns on Sunday, 30 yd line - front row. Work Monday (Owings Mills). Andrew to stay with Mom Mom and Pop Pop. Then Orioles v Yankess game Monday night with Andrew. Then return to Chi-Town Tuesday. Only once every few years is everything aligned that you can get crabs, Ravens and Orioles in one weekend - And this is it. You don't realize how great MD is until you no longer live there. I hope you apprecaite all MD has to offer. From your prior posts (re OC), I suspect you are. Lars

Mike,

I like that table. You did a great job on it! Keep up the good work.
    Be Blessed!

I won't Forgive You If

You don't root on the Orioles enough so they beat the Yankees - Carl (Red Sox fan since 1935)
    18th century nut --- Carl

Mike Schwing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Thomas
    Mike, only you could appreciate this . . . I'm very much looking forward to a trip back to MD in mid September. I'm taking my oldest boy (age 8). The itenary looks like this fly in Saturday AM - head over to Kent Island (maybe St. Michaels) for some crabs. Visit some friends Saturday night. Ravens v Browns on Sunday, 30 yd line - front row. Work Monday (Owings Mills). Andrew to stay with Mom Mom and Pop Pop. Then Orioles v Yankess game Monday night with Andrew. Then return to Chi-Town Tuesday. Only once every few years is everything aligned that you can get crabs, Ravens and Orioles in one weekend - And this is it. You don't realize how great MD is until you no longer live there. I hope you apprecaite all MD has to offer. From your prior posts (re OC), I suspect you are. Lars
    Even a Balmoron who lives here year round would enjoy that weekend!