Thread: My other son;

My other son;

Some of you know I often mention my son that works with me installing wooden railings and stairs. My other older son doesn't get much ink, so I thought I would share some of today with you. My oldest son, Dan, is an Asst. Supertendent at Shinnecock Golf course in Southampton, NY. (US Open). He is another great son which I am very proud of. Enjoy some pics.

Richard

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Richard Wolf; 04-27-2006 at 9:04 PM.

Lemme guess he's the one with no fur on his face in the 4th picture..

Good Gloat Richard. I have 2 sons of whom I am very proud. They are as differant as night and day but don't you ever cross on of them becuse the other will be down on you like stink on SH*%

Great Gloat Richard! Nice looking kid! These are the types of gloats that make life good! My two sons and daughter.....3 totally different people....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

WOW - Shinnecock. That's a top-shelf spread. Must be a good player, too.

Nice gloat,

b

As a past golfer, I appreciate what the superintentend's contribution to a golf course means. To have that job at Shinnecock is something to be proud of. Congrats. What I want to know is, how come guys built like Richard, and myself, have tall skinny sons. Both my sons are 6'1" and a whopping 160 lbs.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

6. Hey, thats up my alley. I am assistant superintendent at Ridgemoor CC here in Chicago which has no where near the cache of Shinnecock but I understand his life none the less. It is an enjoyable, frustrating, grind of a way to make a living, especially during the growing season, but it is easy to fall in love with it. I would mention that it is often a great way to get free logs too, but not at Shinnecock--they are somewhat short of trees. Best regards.
    Darrick

Great gloat, Richard!!! OK, so I'm not into pasture pool myself but, I do have plenty of friends who are and, as I understand it, the game can be as addicting and rewarding as dropping into the spinny vortex!!! And, from what they tell me, management of an complex like that envelopes many talents and skills. You done good, my friend. You done good!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Must be a Gene Thing!

Being a woodworker and having offspring in the golf super. business must run in th blood. My younger son is a grad of U. Mass in turf Management and a certified superintendant at a Links type coure on Cape Cod. Whoever said the job requires a wide range of talents was right. I wish I could play his course more often, but the commute is costly.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Proud Papa
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/