Thread: I am a deadbeat

I am a deadbeat

I go downtown to buy some wood from Tom at Lumber Logs. The wife and son come with because we have an appt at 10:30. I pick up some qsawn white oak, qsawn sycamore, a bit of cherry, a bit of walnut and a chunk of pear.

Thats when I realize that I didn't bring the check book, nor did the wife. Tom graciously let me abscond with the wood. I mailed the check this afternoon.

The check is in the mail. Geez, that sounds horrible.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

And he knows you'll be back for more...you have that look of "lumber addiction" in the eyes, my friend...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yea but Tom he knows you.

I send out somewhere between 400 and 500 statements every month AND to many people I don't know.

It is nice to be in a community (wood) where your word is as good as his wood!

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Mioux; 04-25-2006 at 12:25 AM.

That doesn't surprise me. Tom is a class act!

No suprise here, Tom is indeed a class act. Course his interest rates are a little high. Gary, when do you get your wife and son back??
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Gary just wants everyone here to believe he mailed the check. I will let you know whether he truly did.

I actually did offer to hold the little squirt as ransom but when they both quickly suggested that it sounded like a great idea, my keen instincts offered him back.

Let us know what you make with that cherry Gary; it was a nice piece.

Thanks for the nice comments Guy and Jim. I would have done the same for you. Well, at least for Jim. ;-)
    Last edited by Tom Sontag; 04-25-2006 at 2:40 AM.

No problem, Tom. The next time I come over you can watch Isabella while I load the truck.

Hey...You have any figured maple over there?

Frankly, dogs as collateral does appeal to me more than kids. Isabella would work as collateral for about 1,000bf.

Our figured maple includes ambrosia, spalted and that pastel colored lightly spalted ambrosia plus a few blistery figured boards. No tiger.

Hey, Gary. Down here we call that a charge account. Dead beats usually don't qualify!! Sounds like a great place to get wood. Wish it was a little further south! I do still need to go visit Mike at Curly Woods. One of these days...Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sontag
    Frankly, dogs as collateral does appeal to me more than kids. Isabella would work as collateral for about 1,000bf.
    That's probably pretty close!

Our figured maple includes ambrosia, spalted and that pastel colored lightly spalted ambrosia plus a few blistery figured boards. No tiger.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be tiger. I just want something with some figure for the tops of some boxes I need to make. There's a guy here at work whose wife owns a gourmet cooking supply type of store, and they want me to make some tea boxes to sell on consignment.
    I'll get in touch with you in the next couple of weeks. Need some more walnut too.

We mailed the check Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow. Good choice on your part not to use the boy as collateral. Its tiring trying to keep up with him sometimes.

When I come back with my buddy, I'll need to check out that maple.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Check received. Gary's name is still golden. Thanks Gary.