Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people put little quotes and the end of each post?

Why do people put little quotes and the end of each post?

Hello all!!!! I was noticing that there are alot of people with quotes at the bottom of each post. Also what i have noticed is that when people join it only takes a few post before they start with there own quote. It is almost like Flu spreading throughout the website. I was just curious on why people add the quotes. Some quotes are funny, some are serious, and some don't make sence. Again i am just curious. Thanks Josh

It's just part of their signature line that they feel like adding. Sort of to personalize their posts. Some just use one and some change theirs now and then. You can add your own message as well or just have your name alone on your signature line. Just set it up on your preferences page.

You can add your pic too so that we can see who you are or you can add a pic of your favorite girl, dog, car, etc. These are called avatars and someone else can tell you more about these.

Just a way to have a little fun and/or make this place your own.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Because we can.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I do it just because it's fun and lets me be a little clever. I have really enjoyed the ones that I have seen so far.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

josh, i added mine due to the fact that posts i made where being jerked under the guise of potentially subjecting others to legal risk when i spoke my opinion.... tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Because we can.
    yeah... what he said..............
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    It's a Signature.
    It can often define the person, how they think or be just plain foolishness.
    I printed all the well wishes and condolences from creekers to share with my family a few weeks ago. My sisters got as big a kick out of the signatures as they did the heart felt messages.

I happen to believe mine and use it as a reminder how to approach every task.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

to me, it's sort of like asking 'why do people put bumper stickers on their cars'? i have no idea - but, some are funny, some are not, but they all convey a little bit about the personality of the owner - which i like!

so far, i haven't been able to think of anything clever enough to post - but when i do - i probably will! just maybe, that means i'm dull!!
    Rick in Cowichan Bay, B.C. Canada - 30 miles north of Victoria, B.C.

Why?? Because they can.

Those are sig' lines. People who use 'em like 'em.

---------------------------------------------------
    Remember what the doormouse said:
    "Feed your head."

It's just free advertising from the friendly folks at Subliminable Industries.
    Only the Blue Roads

In my case, the first part has to do with what my secretaries called "Sometimer's" disease. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. The next part has to do with me falling asleep on a certain important February 1st. And, since that day, my reputation has been such that the Texas swing group, "Asleep at the Wheel" seemed to be an appropriate association.

Now, what was the question? Guess I'll go sleep on it!!

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Mines usually foolishness, or trying to brainwash someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    I happen to believe mine and use it as a reminder how to approach every task.
    Same here...but I think I'm approaching my tasks from a waaay different direction than you are.

Sneak up behind 'em and beat 'em into submission, that's the ticket.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Soometimes they are there to make you think about things in a different way or just to be funny. Mine is a qoute from the Jeff Daniels movie "Escanaba in da Moonlight". Its a U.P. Michigan deer hunting movie.
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Just to try and generate a smile. I used to change it with each post but that became a bit much.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney