Thread: Japaleno's tribute to Bob Hope

Jalapeño's tribute to Bob Hope

A future popper that I picked in the garden last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Terry Quiram; 08-22-2003 at 7:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Quiram
    A future popper that I picked in the garden last night.
    "Pop" quiz...How do you spell JALAPENO? Sorry, couldn't resist...let us know how hot that little dude is. I like hot food, but it's liking me less and less.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl
    "Pop" quiz...How do you spell JALAPENO? Sorry, couldn't resist...let us know how hot that little dude is. I like hot food, but it's liking me less and less.
    Actually Jason, it’s Jalapeño.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Ok, don't pick on the guy who has a broken spell checker and has a snoot full of cherry dust. Jason I can make them as hot as you want just by leaving in the veins and mixing seeds with the cheese. Come on over, I will save a SWEET one for you .

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Actually Jason, it’s Jalapeño.
    Rats...I just KNEW someone was going to pick up on that...I knew about the accent over the 'n', but was too tired to mess with figuring out how to put it there.

Just don't give me any habaneros....I like 'em, but they do some nasty things to my digestive tract.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Rats...I just KNEW someone was going to pick up on that...I knew about the accent over the 'n', but was too tired to mess with figuring out how to put it there.

Just don't give me any habaneros....I like 'em, but they do some nasty things to my digestive tract.

Jason, I felt it was my duty to point that out. I live in New Mexico where the best Jalapeño’s are grown.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Question is Jason....

How do you pronounce it?? Course bein frum Texas, I'm supposed to know. Most people pronounce it Hot. Some say Hal-a-peen-yo. No, aint' right. Hal-a-pane-yo (as in window "pane"} is the way a Texacun will say it. And, they arn't all that hot, actually. Those red bonnets are, as you pointed out. I did tell you the story about makin' nachos once and then went to the restroom without wachin' the hands first......oh yeah. Fire
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain