Thread: While y'all have graduated to funnels . . .

While y'all have graduated to funnels . . .

I'm still working on bonkers.

It's a little rough - it's made from a chunk of hickory I had left over from building my workbench, and it's not a particularly forgiving wood, especially for a rank beginner. I wanted to get in some good practice with the skew chisel. I've still got a loooong ways to go before I'll be completely satisfied with the results, but I guess we've all got to start somewhere.

There are times when a good bonker can come in handy . . .

but then, it's probably better to stick with the kitty massager!

Erin
    For all your days prepare and treat them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike.

That is a sweeet bonker!!!
    It reminds me of the mini bats they give away at the ball park.
    I've never tried working with Hickory and I don't think I'm
    in any rush to tackle it.

I think you'll find your lathe is great for consuming all
    the leftovers from other projects.
    Dave Fried

Speak softly and carry a large bonker.

That is one super nice functional bonker!

Since I've told the cats who live in the same house as I that they would probably taste like chicken, they have been well behaved........
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Yup, nothing wrong with that bonker!! Your up on me, I am still yet to make my first, NON Pen item

Corey

Erin.........That looks like a major league bonker to me! Nice work!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Erin looks mighty fine to me. I just turned a hickory box. I thought it was a pretty nice wood to work with. Great work Erin. Keep it up.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

HICKORY!!!! Lady, you sound like you're out to do some serious bonking. Sounds like you are going to practice more than using the skew chisel. Please just don't practice with that Hickory on anyone here. I still have memories of the ole hickory switch. I don't even want to think of a hickory bonker! Please be kind to us Erin. Besides it looks too pretty to use. Now the kitty bonker...I'm good with that.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley
    HICKORY!!!! Lady, you sound like you're out to do some serious bonking. Sounds like you are going to practice more than using the skew chisel. Please just don't practice with that Hickory on anyone here. I still have memories of the ole hickory switch. I don't even want to think of a hickory bonker! Please be kind to us Erin. Besides it looks too pretty to use. Now the kitty bonker...I'm good with that.
    Reading and writing and 'rithmetic,
    Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick . . .

Erin
    For all your days prepare and treat them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear; When you are the hammer, strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Raasch
    Reading and writing and 'rithmetic,
    Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick . . .

Erin
    That was my first thought (flashback) when I saw your hickory bonker. I had a sudden ache across the back side of my knuckles. You did a fine job on it though, more refined than many of the others.

Pretty cat that lets you share it's home too.

Hey Erin,
    Nice bonker!!!

Please remember to bring it to the Cheese Roundup in LaCrosse! It might come in useful if Dale gets too far out of line.

I like your kitty too. Ours likes to walk back and forth across the keyboard while flicking her tail in our noses. She expresses herself really well in kitty tappings, and I often leave her phrases in emails to friends.

Congrats on your hundredth post! I can tell you are just getting warmed up, and as you hang out with the turners, I’ll bet you hit a thousand before the summer is over, cuz those guys (no gender specificity intended), really like words.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Hey Erin,
    Nice bonker!!!
    Thanks!

Please remember to bring it to the Cheese Roundup in LaCrosse! It might come in useful if Dale gets too far out of line.
    I hadn't thought of that! I hope Ann included a chapter on "How to Talk to Liberals Who Carry a Big Hickory Stick."

I like your kitty too. Ours likes to walk back and forth across the keyboard while flicking her tail in our noses. She expresses herself really well in kitty tappings, and I often leave her phrases in emails to friends.
    Yes, she's the supervisor - she especially likes to "help" with paperwork. She also takes very seriously her responsibility to see that we abide by our schedule - especially the part that involves filling up her dish.

Congrats on your hundredth post! I can tell you are just getting warmed up, and as you hang out with the turners, I’ll bet you hit a thousand before the summer is over, cuz those guys (no gender specificity intended), really like words.
    Wow - hadn't realized I've been that "talky" - yup, these guys are quite a lively bunch, aren't they?

What have I gotten myself into?

Erin

12. Quote Originally Posted by Erin Raasch
    What have I gotten myself into?

Erin
    Erin,

A vortex at the bottom of a steep slippery slope.

Jim

P.S. - Was born 64 years ago in Cross Plains.

Nice work on the bonker Erin, especially having tackled with a skew... and it's hickory.

Ernie

Good job Erin. Looks a lot better then the handgranade I made the other evening trying to perfect my hollowing skill..

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer
    Good job Erin. Looks a lot better then the handgranade I made the other evening trying to perfect my hollowing skill..
    That conjures up some pretty frightening images! I'm just gonna take this real, real slow . . . but I suppose I'm only delaying the inevitable.

Erin